Thought I'd give you an idea of WHAT'S HAPPENING IN LAKE ARROWHEAD this month so you can fill in your calendar.
- Saturday March 12, 2011: 8:00 - 10:00 PM at the MSAS Astronomy Village, you can learn all about "The Moon, Our Nearest Neighbor (weather permitting). And don't forget to check out the"Star Gazer Gift Shop." For more info call: 909-336-1699. Map & Directions
- Tuesday March 15, 2011 12:00 PM, pop on over to the Senior Center in Twin Peaks and help everyone celebrate St. Patrick's Day (a couple days early) with a yummy luncheon of corned beef & cabbage (of course!). Please call 909-337-1824 to give 'em your name/s. Directions and Info
- Wednesday, March 17 - 20, 2011: If you've never seen the movie or the play, BYE BYE BIRDIE, then now is your chance, presented by the Rim of The World Performing Arts Department. For ticket info and directions go to: RIM HIGH DRAMA.
- Thursday, March 17, 2011, 6:00 - 8:00 PM there will be a TASTE OF IRELAND at the beautiful Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. This event will be held in the lobby and gives you a rare opportunity to taste a wide array of Irish Ales and Stouts, Irish Whiskies, Irish Cream Liqueur and Irish goodies. The cost is $20.00 per person . Call for reservations: 909-337-4189 or email dparker@lakearrowheadresort.
- Friday, March 18, 2011 6:30 PM. There will be a "St. Pattys Day Special" at Rim Bowling, in Crestline. One fun game will be Double Bowling for $$$'s. Oh, and there will be GREEN BEER! Loads of money to be had: $300 for a 800 Series, $100 for a 275-299 game and $300 for a PERFECT game! Directions and Map.
- Saturday, March 19 2011 starting at 5:00PM, A TRIBUTE TO DR. JULIE MONROE (my FAVORITE doctor on our mountain) and fund raiser, held at the San Moritz Lodge in Crestline.
Dr. Monroe is considered our Mountain Mother Teresa because of her caring treatment of her patients. Patients who have no insurance. She gives, gives, gives of herself and her time. She is the operator and chief physician of a non-profit Lake Arrowhead Family Practice and has now outgrown her office and can no longer handle her patient load. So, she will be moving downstairs... which will be costly. Please come out and help raise $$$'s. There will be a spagetti luncheon and auction. Check the link above for ALL details.
Friday, March 25, 2011 6:00 - 11:00 PM; "Mardi Gras" Mountain Style at UCLA Conference Center! FUN FUN FUN! You won't want to miss this. There'll be fab' food & entertainment! For tickets & reservations please call: 909-337-8200 or go to Betty's General Store in Blue Jay. Map & Directions to UCLA Conference Center.