What is a Modular Home?
A home that is built in a controlled environment - manufacturers build modular homes in a climate controlled factory then transported to the building site as each section is completed.
- more cost effective - since modular homes are built inside, removing weather constraints reduces labor costs and time line.
- higher efficiency and quality - assembly line building process yeilds higher efficiency and quality
- custom build - your choosing for builder's floor plan or custom build
- cost varies based on location however generally modular homes run $70-$90 per sq ft. and opposed to traditional stick built homes which can run $100+ per sq ft.
- Is a modular home the same as a mobile home?
No, mobile homes are required to be built on non-removable steel chassis per HUD building codes limiting their design options.
2. Can modular homes be customized?
Yes, you can customize a modular home from start to finish, or partial customization is also available. You can customize a modular home to your liking, from floor plans to elevations, applicances to eco-friendly materials, etc.
3. Can modular homes be financed?
Yes, but choose a lender that is familiar with modular home financing or you could run into a glitch that could delay the process. Lending terms are basically similar to stick built homes with fixed and variable rate financing. Many manufacturers also provide in-house financing as well.
Stick built homes v.s. modular homes:
You don't have to have a cookie cutter home when you can have a modular home built to your liking. With the benefits of choosing your own options you can custom build without additional costs to your "base price". Your options and floor plans will be your "base price" without additional fees and price increases.
Modular homes construction projects have exponentially risend over the past 10 years. To learn more about modular homes and eco-friendly modular homes feel free to contact me.