There are at least 150 typical actions, research steps, procedures, processes and review stages in a successful real estate transaction performed by a professional REALTOR®. Such a REALTOR® not only fully understands the Local Market and the buy-sell-invest process, but is willing to devote time and energy to the project - my definition of a hard-working REALTOR®.
150! Can you imagine? That's a lot! Depending on the transaction, some may take minutes, hours, or even days to complete, and, in general, these services reflect the level of skill, knowledge and attention to detail required in today's real estate market, not only here in Asheville, NC, but across the nation.
In Part 1 of this series, I mentioned that possibly, this indicates the wisdom of Buyers/ Sellers/ Investors who engage the services, assistance and/or guidance from a professional...and I asked Buyers/ Sellers/ Investors, and Our Real Estate Colleagues
" How Do You Find a "Hard-Working" Professional REALTOR®?"
The Answer: Ask the right questions.
In Part 2, I set out ten (10)"Right Questions" to ask before engaging the services of a REALTOR® acknowledging that REALTORS® are pledged to uphold the stringent, enforceable tenets of the REALTOR® Code of Ethicsin their professional dealings with the public and that not every real estate licensee holds REALTOR® membership and abides by the Code of Ethics.
Part 3 Looks at Services in terms of Communication.
Here, parties involved continnue to ask (11-33) ... do you...
11. Review the legal aspects of working with professional REALTORS® in your state?
12. Provide brochures and/or written notice that you have done so and acknowledgment from all parties?
13. Create a folder that will expand to contain information relevant to customer/client/professional?
14. Talk at length with customer/client/professional to better understand goals and objectives and best methods for communicating whether that be in person, phone, email, Facebook, etc.?
15. Provide a survey and/or interview form that highlights what is important to the customer/client/professional?
16. Again review and set out parameters for a mutually beneficial working relationship.
17. Set aside time to review the information provided by the customer/client/professional and make notes, if needed?
18.Select and compile relevant educational documents such as "Questions and Answers About Home Inspections" , "Questions and Answers About Real Estate Closings" etc to be provided to customer/client/professional at the appropriate time?
19. Provide written information about you and your brokerage?
20. Discuss, in-depth, client's goals to invest in and/or market effectively?
21.Present overview of current market conditions and projections?
22.Review your brokerage credentials, accomplishments, direction with customer/client/professional?
23. If you have a special position or "niche" in the marketplace, do you highlight that for customer/client/professional?
24.Present an overview of market to client... comparables, solds, current listings, pendings, short sales, foreclosures and how this can affect customer/client/professional?
25. Discuss with Buyers/Investors the Offer to Purchase and Contract and/or, with Sellers the Pricing Strategy based on your professional judgment and interpretation of current market conditions as a local real estate expert?
26. Explain the statistics and the power of internet presences, Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Active Rain, Virtual Tour and Web sites to both Se Sellers and Buyers?
27. In terms of data gathered from the above sources for customer/client/professional, explain why customer/client/professionals have a big advantage when they seek your professional judgment and interpretation of current market conditions as a local real estate expert?
28.Familiarize clients with and explain market power and benefits of Multiple Listing Service?
29.Discuss "behind the scenes" work and Broker's appointment schedule?
30.Facilitate communication with all parties?
31. Present and discuss buying/selling strategic plans?
32. Review and explain all clauses in Contracts & Addendums ...?
33. Discuss the value of your services from the standpoint of an hourly fee based on an analysis of your successes?
OF WHAT MONETARY VALUE ARE THESE SERVICES? Perhaps this question can be better answered after reviewing Part 4 of this series: Services Performed Once Property Is Under Agreement (stay tuned)
____________________________________________________________________ xo ________
(*)/'(*) ________Asheville NC Real Estate Journal. " On the Road HOME, CONTACT ME for Residential Market Reports::: NOTE:: A recent McGraw Hill study revealed that 81% of homebuyers would prefer to buy a eco-friendly home rather than a standard home, even in this current down economy. I have the following real estate green designations: NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant.
MOUNTAIN VIEW LAND::
WHICH Asheville Mountain View Attracts You the Most?
If stewardship of large acreage is important to you, let's talk about mutually beneficial solutions. When buying mountain real estate do your homework. Slope stability can only be determined by state licensed engineers and geologists: Buyers, Sellers and REALTORS® are not qualified to make these assessments. Complete site specific analyses are available and advisable. I am happy to refer you to our team of experts .
Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved. Eco-Friendly Mountain Homes and Land Legacies- - 150 Professional Services Performed by Your REALTOR® Asheville NC Real Estate © 2011.
(*)/'(*) ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~ ~ xo ~~~ ~~~~~~~
Asheville 1031 Realty & The Aging-in-Place Real Estate Journal.THE SAGE COMPANION© 2013 for Aging in PaLACE© - LIFELONG HOMES & LAND- Functional and beautiful-regardless of age or physical ability. FOCUS ON Sustainability- NAR GREEN®, EcoBroker®, Eco Certified ®Real Estate Consultant, ePRO®. Unauthorized reproduction of any information including photos and graphics on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved.
OUR SAGE COMPANION QUARTERLY MAGAZINE - Features: Lifelong Homes that Work for Everybody. Aging-in-Place, Real Estate Trends, APPS for Elders, Sustainable Design & a New Vision of Aging in Feathered Nests.
OUR AGING-IN-PaLACE© QUICK START GUIDE- Kindle 5-Stars (30pps, 5,500 words) with a TEAM OF EXPERTS. INFORMED CHOICES. THOUGHTFUL ADVICE & DATA INTERPRETATION
"WORDS AND IDEAS CAN CHANGE THE WORLD"