Ways To Sell Your Home Faster
Home selling in this market can be made easier with the following tips. As an Naperville Illinois Real Estate Broker / Agent I have noticed a few things that turn your house to SOLD!
1. PACK UP ALL PERSONAL ITEMS. Let's face it. Your moving, why not get a head start and pack up all photos, personal collections, kids toys, games, movie collection, your special art collection, blankets and anything that is personal to your family and out in the open. This is also important in the kitchen. Hide the toaster and other appliances except the coffee maker if used daily. Let the new owners visualize themselves in the home. Treat your home like a MODEL HOME.
2. THINK NEUTRAL AND FRESH. Paint your walls professionally a neutral or appealing color like tan to make the space appear larger and fresh. Paint is one of the least expensive ways to spruce up your home in a tight market.
3. CLEAN, CLEAN and CLEAN! This may include the help of a professional but the pay back will be huge. Light switches, doors and trims should not be missed. Sparkling windows make a house shine. Bathrooms that are clean and updated will make a huge difference when selling. These houses sell quicker as they have been maintained well and it shows. Sometimes replacing the carpet can help and bring a fresh feeling to the house. REMEMBER HOMES MUST SMELL GREAT!!!!
4. BE READY TO SHOW ON SHORT NOTICE. Sometimes you may have only one shot and you do not want to miss it. Let the family know how important it is to be ready to show your house and to keep their area clean. This is a group effort.
5. REMOVE CLOSET CLUTTER. This is a tough, but you want the feeling of roomy closets. People love storage. Pack up about 1/3 of your closet including last seasons clothes, to make them larger and more appealing to buyers. Remember you are moving and why not make your job easier by packing now and the house sell quicker.
6. COMPLETE THE TO DO LIST. This is any household chore that needs to be completed. Fix the front as people see this first. Look at interior doors including closet doors are they in good shape? Patch and paint dry wall if necessary. Remember outside landscaping like dead shrubs and stumps that need to be removed. How about the fence? Does it need repairs? Go through and make a thorough list, then complete it. Your Realtor has the resources to guide you to the right people to help.
7. PRICE THE HOME RIGHT. This is the most important. People want a good VALUE. As REALTOR in Naperville Illinois Houses priced right will sell the fastest. In this market at my office in Naperville I have seen houses sell in less than a week because the VALUE of the home. We all want great value. Listen to your REALTOR and let them help you so selling your home can be a wonderful experience.
8. Have an innovative aggressive ongoing marketing plan in place. Your Realtor/Broker will do all of this for you.
9. Evaluate your plan every few weeks to keep updated on this ever changing market.
10. Consider hiring a stager that works with your furntiure. Also add fresh flowers!