You’ve heard it before: Carmel Indiana has excellent schools. But if you’re planning a Carmel relocation, you might be wondering what it is, exactly, that makes Carmel schools so remarkable.
Carmel High School is a great example of the success of the entire Carmel Clay Schools district. A graduation rate that hovers near 100 percent, and an impressive selection of Advanced Placement classes, varsity sports, and extracurricular activities combine to well-prepare Carmel High School students for college and the working world.
Carmel High School facts:
- enrollment: 4,400
- facility: 55 acre campus in the city center of Carmel includes a 3-story Freshman Center
- graduation rate: 95.32 percent for the 2009-2010 school year, 86 percent of whom will enroll in post-secondary college or university
- special offerings: Advanced Placement courses (attended by 46 percent of CHS students), International Baccalaureate program, 120 clubs and organizations, 19 varsity sports
- school colors: blue & gold
- school mascot: greyhound
- special recognition: National Blue Ribbon School, Indiana 4-Star School, Sports Illustrated Top 25 High School Athletic Programs, Indiana Chamber of Commerce Best Buy School
- championships & special awards:
girls swimming - 23 consecutive state championships 1981-2011
girls cross country, boys swimming, girls swimming, boys tennis – 2011 state champions
orchestra - first place at the National Orchestra Cup Festival
student newspaper – first place and best in show from the National Scholastic Press Association for online school newspaper Web site www.hilitelorg
Math, Science and Technology Team – second in nation at Siemens Math, Science, and Technology Finals Competition
Searching for a Carmel home? I can help! Contact your Carmel real estate agent today!
View Larger Map