Your buyer’s agent works for you
Your buyer’s agent has certain obligations, or fiduciary duties that they must fulfill to you, the client:
• Loyalty. The agent must protect your negotiating position at all times and work in your best interest.
• Obedience. The agent must carry out all of your lawful instructions.
• Confidentiality. The agent has an obligation to keep information confidential.
• Reasonable care & skill must be exercised in performing all duties.
• Full disclosure of all relevant information that is known by the agent and that may influence your decision or
affect the value of the property.
• Full accounting of all money and property placed in the buyer’s agent hands while acting on your behalf.
Source: Alberta Real Estate Association
Contact Michele for help