It’s “Autism Awareness Month” in Baton Rouge and all over the globe. Do not allow this month of dedication to fly by without raising your voice and awareness for autism. Throughout the country, there will be different opportunities and events for supporters to attend, making it easier for us to show our support. Of course, it is not mandatory for supporters to be present at specific events in order to show their extreme passion for this cause. There are several other ways you can fight for autism without necessarily being involved in local functions and events.
According to “Autism Speaks”, there are several ways that we can help contribute to the awareness of autism.
- You can donate funds.
- You can donate funds in someone’s honor.
- You can create a fundraising page in someone’s honor.
- You can donate a car.
- You can become a Corporate Partner.
- You can see if your company is affiliated with the “Matching Gifts” program.
- You can be an advocate for autism.
- You can participate in autism research.
- You can actually shop through the “Autism Speaks” site from specific vendors.
- You can join an autism social networking group.
These are just a few examples of how you can donate and support autism right from home. This makes it extremely easy for those who have hectic schedules and/or those who cannot make it out to current functions and events. What are you going to do this month to make a difference? How are you going to support autism this month? I challenge you to choose just one way to show your support because remember, it’s the little things that count.