Are you considering adding residential income property to your real estate portfolio? If so, there are many options for you to consider in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
Many of our past clients both inquire about and make purchases of investment properties in the South Bay area of Los Angeles. As real estate prices declined, rents stayed fairly constant, and with loan interest rates remaining attractive the return on income property is beginning to make financial sense again.
The primary reasons investors buy income property are for:
- Depreciation - The building portion of the property can be written off for tax purposes over a certain number of years.
- Future Appreciation - Over the long haul real estate tends to have a reliable growth in value.
- Strong Hedge Against Inflation - While profits in many other investments can be gobbled up by inflation, the base value of a real estate investment usually keeps pace with inflation plus can have growth.
- Monthly Income - Compared to some investment vehicles that pay out quarterly, annually or only upon sale, real estate income property can provide a monthly income.
- Leverage - Another strengths of real estate investments is the ability to leverage your initial investment by obtaining a loan for part of the purchase.
Other factors to keep in mind regarding income property:
Not Easily Liquidated - Selling a real estate asset requires some setup and wait time to find a buyer and complete the escrow.
Management - Investment property requires either an extra expense to hire management or more time by the owner to manage tenants.
Maintenance - Real property investments require upkeep and repairs from time to time.
Rent Control- Some cities and areas of Los Angeles such as LA City have additional laws regarding rental properties.
Income Property in Los Angeles--Time to buy? Call Norma Toering & Team to explore the possibilities and discuss your real estate investment goals. We'll help you achieve them!
Norma Toering & Team RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
(310) 493-8333 / Office Phone: (310) 831-0800
PalosVerdesLifestyle - Nominated by Relocation.com as one of the top ten Los Angeles area real estate blogs. Chosen by MovingCost.com as one of the best Los Angeles realty blogs. Ranked by Technorati in the top 1% of all blogs. As seen in the Daily Breeze newspaper.
South Bay Los Angeles cities I sell real estate, property, houses and homes in: Palos Verdes Estates, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Long Beach, Torrance, Lomita, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Homes For Sale Palos Verdes - Palos Verdes Houses
Palos Verdes Homes with Stables - PV Estates Blog
Colorado River CA Land - View Estates in Palos Verdes
Palos Verdes Coastal Homes - Rancho Palos Verdes Home Search
Photos of Palos Verdes - Palos Verdes Videos
Palos Verdes Luxury Homes - Hermosa Beach Homes