Here are 5 warning signs that your home staging business is really a home staging hobby:
- No one else takes your home staging business seriously, and if you're painfully honest with yourself you might realize that you don't either (this is often a symptom of being too afraid to really "go for it").
- You love shopping and buying cute decor pieces on sale. Now you have a collection of home staging accessories sitting in a storage locker costing you money, instead of home staging accessories sitting in your clients' homes earning you rental income.
- Your phone isn't ringing with new projects right now. If you're in North America, this is the busiest home staging season of the year, so you should be hearing from potential clients.
- You're running around doing free home staging estimates, but no one is hiring you to do a paid home staging consultation.
- You are not actually making any money. A home staging business by definition, is one that makes money. If it doesn't, then all you have right now is a home staging hobby.
Now, many successful home staging businesses start out as hobbies.
If you're ready to take yours to the next level and start making real money doing what you love then I encourage you to listen to the FREE call I'm doing this week called, "5 Simple Secrets to a Home Staging Business: How to Make Money Doing What You Love."
During this FREE conference call you'll learn how to turn your staging hobby into a real business. I'll share:
- How I took my own leap of faith in 2002 and got into home staging from an unrelated career
- What a day in the life of a home stager is really like, including examples from many successful stagers
- 5 simple secrets to help you start making more money as a home stager right now
There is limited space in this event, click here to learn more and get on my VIP list for this $79 mini-course absolutely FREE.
Debra Gould, The Staging Diva®
President, Six Elements Inc.
Home Staging expert and long-time entrepreneur Debra Gould, The Staging Diva, is the author of 5 home staging guides and has appeared on HGTV, CBS, CBC, CityTV, GlobalTV and in major newspapers and magazines across the US and Canada. She knows how to make money as a home stager. Discover her secrets to business success in the Staging Diva Home Staging Business Training Program.