The most expensive home in then world in terms of a private residental home goes to the winner Mr. India, Mukesh Ambani. Mr. Ambani is the Chairman of Reliance Industries Limited, which provides petrochemicals, refining, and oil and gas, textile, retail business, special economic zone development and telecom/broadband business. This chairman has become the richest person in his country and said to be the Forbes' 4th richest in the world.
Here are the basic stats on his Goliath tower of a home in Antilla, Mumbai, India:
- $1-2 billion estimated value
- 27 stories (60 floors in normal standards) at 568 feet high
- 398,000 square feet of living space
- Health Club/Spa, Swimming Pools, Dance Studio, Ballroom, and a 50 seat Theater
- Guest rooms, Lounge Areas, and 4 Story Hanging Garden
- 3 Helipads (w/ traffic control)
- 6 Floor Car Park that hold 160 Vehicles
- and so much more...
So it is said that it takes a staff of 600 to maintain and run this Taj Mahal Ambani. Thank goodness it took only 3 years to build the skyscraper home for his wife, 3 children, and mother in a country that is to posses 1/3 of the world's poorest population.