Are you fighting to get a king size duvet in a duvet cover? It is a Herculean task - too much sheet with too short arms. Tempted to toss that duvet out the window? Stop. You too can have a duvet without the work. This tip will save you aggravation and minutes of time.
To get that hotel look:
- Give away your duvet cover - you are never going to use it again.
- Buy 2 flat sheets bigger than the duvet and a fitted mattress sheet (plus any number of pillow cases that you want).
- After putting the fitted sheet on the mattress, put one of the flat sheet on the bed, then the duvet, then the other flat sheet.
- Tuck the bottom between the mattress and box spring.
- Fold back the two flat sheets so that the top of the duvet is encased.
- Toss a throw on the bed to make it look like a hotel bed.
To make it look clean and even more like the Westin / Soffitel, use plain white sheets and pillow cases. The throw is actually just a strip of heavy beautiful fabric that is placed at the end of the bed from one side to the other. Search the fabric stores for just the right piece of fabric and sew it into a srip. Ah, lovely and the bed will look so inviting.
I fought the bed and the sheets won.
Photo credit: DSC_3270