Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
I have been watching and reading the past two days, with a great sadness, what has transpired with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Many of you know, I am a huge fan of Baseball. I love to just sit and watch it. Darcy gets annoyed with me because I don't like to talk when I am watching baseball; I just want to watch the game unfold. <Darcy interjecting: I don't get annoyed, just bored. ;)>
I love almost everything about Baseball (except the tobacco spit). I love watching the way the shortstop and second basemen position themselves when there are runners on base, the way the third baseman cheats in when he thinks the batter is going to lay down a bunt, where the batter stands in the batter's box. Okay, I could go on and on, to me this is fascinating. I understand that this bores some people, not me, but some.
So it saddened me that the proud Dodgers were taken over by Major League Baseball and the team is in financial trouble. I will admit, I am a fan convert when it comes to the Dodgers, Darcy is a lifelong Dodger fan. I grew up dreaming of playing for the Big Red Machine, but I couldn't hit a real good curve ball, so that went by the wayside. The Dodgers did a lot of things right historically, for Heaven's sake, they had the courage to integrate Baseball with Jackie Robinson!
It amazes me that a franchise like this could be in that much trouble financially! I am not an expert, but from what I have seen there have been things that have not been done well for awhile and there are lessons that we alll can learn from these problems.
1. Don't overspend, even if it is a lifelong dream! In this day and age, I think that we have all learned, don't spend what you don't have!
2. Invest in your business, from the stories coming out in the news, this is the main reason that Major League Baseball is stepping in, the lack of reinvestment in the business.(See #4 below)
3. You need to remember who pays the bills, apparently, from what I have read, attendance is down at Dodger Games. Without fans (clients), everyone goes out of business.
4. Live up to expectations, remember it was only 4 Seasons ago that the Dodgers were in the midst of the Manny histeria and a deep playoff run, eventually losing to the Phillies in the NLCS. Many people thought that they were just a pitcher away from a World Series run, but they lost Derek Lowe and Randy Wolfe, and have never been the same. Remember it is all perception to the fans, they see losing pitchers instead of adding ones.(See #3 above)
5. Protect your assets, the fans have to feel safe at the game. Your clients have to feel safe with you as well. I am not sure where the lapse in security was that allowed a man to be beaten nearly to death for being a Giant fan, but whatever the reason, it is unacceptable!
6. Love what you do, especially if you have that much invested in it! To me, owning a Major League Team would be the absolute coolest gig ever! It would be like going to Disneyland everyday instead of going to work! I have seen interviews with the owners and never got that vibe as I have watched them. Maybe it's me and I just don't see it. They may love what they're doing, I don't know. I do know that if it were me, my face would hurt from smiling!
I am not an expert on what is going on, these are just my observations as a fan gathered from the media reports that I have seen and read.
Scottsdale Stadium in Arizona, it was the only baseball picture I have. I need to get out more!
If you're looking to buy or sell real estate in South Davis County, Utah; please give us a call. We would love to earn your business!
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.