Homes For Sale in Vancouver WA See More Buyers and Sellers...
Real Estate in Vancouver WA
has seen excellent action this past month with Pending Sales jumping up about 44%
over the prior month (25% the month before!); with a negligible increase in the total Active listings.
Home buyers were treated with interest rates remaining low (around 4 3/4%
for the benchmark 30-year fixed rate loan) during the month, and also seeing
the firming up of prices in both Portland and Vancouver.
Of the single-family houses and condos for sale that went pending in March, we saw both the Short Sales and the Bank Owned Homes segments capturing 40.8% of the market; a high number to be sure but, a welcome decrease from December's 61.0% of the total Pending Sales, and February's 49%.
The chart below is a matrix representation of the highlights for homes for sale in Vancouver, WA March 2011:
While the level of Active homes is showing little change, the volume of Pending Sales
again picked up very strongly The table below shows the most recent
three months of activity for comparison purposes. Both the median
price and average price showed slight slippage (right-click on the image to see the enlarged
The Chart below shows the current trend of home prices for Vancouver WA, compared to other Pacific Northwest cities of Seattle Washington, and Portland Oregon. - all cities are now showing firming prices, and the price trend for Vancouver during the past several weeks showing a horizontal direction. For home prices to start going up, we will typically first see a meaningful AND sustained increase in the number of homes purchased in both Vancouver and the other major Pacific Northwest cities. Although there had been increases in home buying activity for the early part of this year, we have not yet seen break-out numbers.
If you are looking to sell your home in Vancouver WA, and Clark County Washington in this Opportunity Market please call or e-mail us with the details of your situation and we'll customize a marketing plan to get your Clark County Home Sold!
Some of the major parts of town you may want to look for include Homes in Downtown Vancouver, The Heights Homes, Orchards Homes, Cascade Park Homes, Fishers Landing Homes For Sale, Evergreen Homes, Hazel Dell Homes For Sale , Felida Homes and Salmon Creek Homes.
The largest city in Clark County WA is Vancouver Washington. Other towns include: Amboy, Battle Ground, Brush Prairie, Camas, Ridgefield, Washougal, parts of Woodland and Yacolt.
1) 3rd Party = the sales contract requires the approval of a third party; and includes Short-Sales, Trust Sales, Relocation Company sales, etc.
2) Pre-Foreclosures = aka Short-Sales are homes where the lending bank(s) agrees to take less, allowing a sales transaction to take place.
3) Foreclosures = aka REO's and Bank Owned Homes, already Foreclosed by the Lender(s).
4) PENDING = listed homes that have been marked as under contract by the listing agent during the past 30 days.
5) SOLD = listed homes that have been marked as closed sales by the listing agent in the past 30 days. Note: some of these sold homes may have been "pending sales" for far more than 30 days!
Disclaimer: this information is drawn using custom search parameters from the predominant MLS system covering Vancouver Washington and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Current Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports:
- Clark County and Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Update Report for March 2011
- Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Report for March 2011
- Battle Ground Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for March 2011
- Camas WA Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for March 2011
- La Center WA Real Estate | Market Trends and Statistics March 2011
- Ridgefield WA Real Estate | Market Trends and Statistics - March 2011
- Washougal WA Real Estate | Market Report for March 2011
Previous Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports:
- Clark County and Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Update Report for February 2011
- Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Report for February 2011
- Battle Ground Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for February 2011
- Camas WA Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for February 2011
- La Center WA Real Estate | Market Trends and Statistics February 2011
- Ridgefield WA Real Estate | Market Trends and Statistics - February 2011
- Washougal WA Real Estate | Market Report for February 2011
The above information was provided by John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander, recognized as one of the top teams at Vancouver WA REMAX . We hope you enjoy the information in our posts, including videos on real estate and Homes for sale in Vancouver Washington and the rest of Clark County.
Thinking of selling your home in this challenging market? We have the passion and insight for selling homes to get you moving!
For Southwest Washington homes and Real Estate in Vancouver WA visit Vancouver WA Real Estate. If your interest is in foreclosures, pre-foreclosures (short sale homes) ; and when looking for Bank Owned Homes in Vancouver Washington we have our website set up for you to easily search for each of these categories!
PS - Nobody sells more homes than RE/MAX. Look to the Alexander ~ Slocum Team
for your Vancouver WA real estate! These are other popular recent searches on our website:
Camas WA Real Estate
Luxury Homes Vancouver WA