Portland, OR and the Metro Portland Area (including the suburban communities of Beaverton, Hillsboro, Forest Grove, Lake Oswego, Tigard, Gresham, Happy Valley, Milwaukie, Oregon City, etc.) make up 47% of the total population in the state.
If you're renting in the Metro Portland area, you may be thinking of buying. If you're a first time home buyer in Portland, I have GREAT resources for you.
The Portland Housing Bureau is a good place to start for the first time home buyer.
- Down Payment Assistance Loan
- Mortgage Credit Certificate
- Limited Tax Exemption For Home Buyers (New Home Construction)
Other first time home buyer resources in Portland Metro:
- Proud Ground -- offering affordable homeownership opportunities
- Portland Housing Center - education and counseling
- State of Oregon - Oregon Bond Program - cash assistance and market rate loans
Many of the first time home buyer programs in Portland require attendance and/or completion of the first time home buying courses offered to be eligible for program benefits. Please contact the program for details.
As an Exclusive Buyer Agent in the Metro Portland market, I've been assisting first time home buyers since 1999.