Here are some tips for a successful open house. Of course having the home priced correctly and spotless is the first step.
- Internet advertising is not just the cheapest way to advertise, but the most effective. You can post in advance with room for all information about the home. Rather than a small add in a news paper that runs one morning. However the news paper seems to be effective in some areas.
- Place Open House Signs. Use pointers at every corner of every street from a main road. Tie balloons to your sign.
- Make sure the driveway is clear of cars, boats, RV's, bikes, etc.
- Make sure all blinds and drapes are open to let in the light. Turn on all the lights in the house. You should do this for showings as well.
- Do not use overpowering air fresheners. Better to go with something more natural, but not too strong. A batch of fresh baked cookies works great.
Color flyer's with the homes details, and mortgage information. Including tax information and school zones can be a good idea as well.
- Refreshments are optional. For open houses held in summer months having bottled water available is a must. It also adds a little something to remember your home by. Cookies or snack foods are a good idea, just keep it simple.