Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Here are just a few reasons why email marketing should be a component of a financial instituion's overall marketing program:
1) Their competitors are doing it. When a consumer has a need the will tend to remember the most recent interaction they had with a bank. If that happened to be an e-newsletter or blog post then that financial institution will likely get first crack at the business.
2) Email marketing is a perfect fit for a customer loyalty strategy. Providing useful information that helps people understand and manage their finances makes those relationships more sticky.
3) Before the Internet, many banks, insurance companies, etc. would mail monthly or quarterly magazines to clients. These high quality pieces were packed full with interesting stories, tips, etc. and tied that content back to products and services the company offered. However, it is a huge expense to write, produce, print and mail. Email solves all of that.
4) Financial institutions can choose to produce their email content in-house or outsource to a third party who creates a private label e-newsletter for them. For example, I write a daily e-newsletter (Daily Dollar Newsletter) that coaches and educates consumers on their personal money matters. A bank could syndicate our content as a private label to their own customers so it looks like it came from the bank.
5) The marketing wave taking off right now is customer generated comments. See Expedia, Amazon, etc. for examples - they gather huge amounts of customer reviews about hotels, books, etc. Customers are making purchase decisions partly based on these reviews. I know someone who won't even consider staying at a hotel that ranks under 4.7 on customer reviews on Expedia. The first thing they do when they pull up a list of hotels on Expedia is sort by Customer Rating. Customer experience content can be gathered by financial instituions and published to the wider customer base so everyone benefits from the knowledge.
6) Low risk. Decision makers at financial institutions face very low barrier to entry to launch email marketing program. The costs are very low and can be easily measured. Shutting down the program is easy too. There's very little risk and huge upside.
7) Social Media: A lot of companies want to be involved with social media but have trepidation or don't know how. Email marketing solves this challenge too. The content generated for email marketing can then be easily shared across social media channels. Suddenly you have something useful to post on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Mortgage by Randy personal finance newsletter is sent monthly. The newsletter covers topics including the mortgage market, credit scores, identity theft and identity protection, U.S. and global economy, questions from readers and charitable endeavors that are important to my family. Feel free to share Mortgage By Randy on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.