What color is fluffy? The recipe.
Last Saturday, as my kids and I prepared for Easter, I posted What Color is fluffy? Happy Easter! I thought I’d share this yummy recipe. My Mom made these cookies as long as I can remember. She could hardly get them made and cooled before Dad, Dave & I would eat them up.
I love making them for my family because we enjoy eating them, as much as I did as a child, and because I feel like Mom is right here in the kitchen baking with us. I always make enough to take Dad & Dave a few too. Baking, family time and sharing, you just can’t beat that!
Macaroons! A Morgan & Phillips family favorite
⅛ teaspoon salt
¾ cup of granulated sugar
½ cup flour
1 Tbsp. spoon melted butter
2 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 325
- Beat eggs & salt until foamy
- Add sugar and continue beating until mixture becomes fluffy (a pale yellow/ivory color).
- Add flour, mix well
- Add coconut & chocolate chips
- Prepare cookie sheets with light grease & flour.
- Drop dough in teaspoons onto cookie sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned
Makes 4 dozen small cookies. Enjoy!