When searching for properties or homes in the Lee County Florida or surrounding areas it's good to have in mind what type of property you are looking for and what your purpose is for buying the home or condo, town-home etc
1. Will you be using the home as a vacation property for yourselves only ?
2. Will you be renting the property out as an investment ?
3. Do you want to be in a gated community ?
4. Are you interested in golfing, boating, tennis, gulf access community?
5. What are you willing to pay monthly in Home Owner's fees in a gated community ?
6. Are stairs in the home, condo, town-home OK ?
7. Do you have pets that need to be considered ?
8. Do you need to be close to a schools or hospital ?
9. What is the most you are looking to spend ?
Short Sales can take time to close, and often the response time from the bank is very long. If you are looking to purchase a short sale you need to understand it takes time.
Foreclosures are already owned by the bank and have a much faster response time and closing time.
Have your pre-qualify letter ready to produce to the bank when making an offer on short sales and foreclosures Most banks require it with the offer. And in today's Real Estate market sellers are just as informed and ask to see the pre-qualify as well.
Expect lower maintenance costs with a brand-new home.
When interest rates are low opt for a fixed mortgage.
Pay attention to the original listing date of the homes you inspect; Sellers tend to be more flexible in the price the longer the home is on the market.
Buying a house whose style is uniquely individual will probably minimize rather than maximize its resale value because the house will appeal to a somewhat more limited number of potential buyers.
If you think you may need more space in the near future, be sure the house and lot will allow for expansion.
A roof that complements the style of a home and is carefully maintained adds to the home's visual appeal and its resale value.
A light-colored roof reflects heat and is best in areas where air-conditioning is the greater energy user.
Wood floors suggest warmth, quality and good taste and are an asset when it comes time to sell a house.
Plant trees, shrubs and vines on south and west sides of the home to provide shade in the summer and sunshine in the winter. Remember trees enhance the beauty and value of a lot and house.
Deanna Casalino, Realtor