I had an unusual Saturday recently – I was home working around the house! (Saturday’s are usually a working day for a REALTOR.) I was working on a project and needed a quick “Home Depot run” to pick up parts and supplies. Since I only live about 5 minutes away, I jumped in the car and headed that way. About a mile from my house, I realized that I had forgotten my phone at home. A ton of questions flooded my mind….. Should I turn the car around and go get it? What will happen if my wife calls? What if my car breaks down? What if I have a flat tire? What if I need to play games while waiting in line to check out? Can I make it for 30 minutes without my cell phone?
My cell phone is a must for many reasons… in fact I made a list:
1. I can talk from most any place – especially with Verizon !
2. I can have a text conversation – while on the phone.
3. I can check my email and respond quickly.
4. I can enter an appointment on my calendar from my phone.
5. I can use the phone’s GPS feature. (It’s better than my Garmin)
6. I can use my Supra E-Key from my phone to open houses.
7. I can surf the internet at a moment’s notice.
8. I can have my own “hotspot” for my laptop internet connection.
9. I can update Twitter and Facebook.
10. I can check today’s weather and the week ahead
11. I can take pictures of listings, or video something that’s funny or rare.
12. I can record ideas and things using the voice recorder
13. I can use my phone as a translator from English to Spanish for my son Luke.
14. I can use my phone as a flashlight.
15. I can use my phone to geocache.
16. I can use my phone to play angry birds, spades, hearts…or hundreds more.
I could go on and on and on! My phone is probably more important than my computer and that is saying a lot. I can remember a time when I didn’t have a cell phone and we did fine – it was a bit harder to on work mobility.
It seems with such a time-saving device that I should have lots of time for relaxation with my family. I think I’ve found ways to do more work. I need to take a breath and leave my phone behind a bit more often – a brief break won’t stop the wheels of real estate. By the way, I actually made the trip to Home Depot and back just fine and I missed no calls or important emails during the trip!
P.S. Can you help me add to the list of phone uses?