What Not To Do While Waiting To Close On Your Home Purchase
Please know that your credit will be pulled for the prequalification and will be pulled again prior to closing to make sure everything is still “THE SAME”.
- Do not pay off any bills because the same credit lines that got you the prequalification letter will need to be there when you close. (you can pay off your bills when you get your keys).
- Don’t make any major purchases i.e. cars, fur coats, diamond rings etc.
- Do not put large amounts of cash that cannot be substantiated. For example
- Dont take money from your mattress and deposit in your account. Leave it under your mattress or give it to the person you will rely on to give it to you as a gift. All funds will need to have a paper trail.
- All gifts will need to be given to you in check form from the person that isgiving it to you. Once the check has cleared you will need copies of the front and back of the check to prove it was a gift from that person.