Home Sales Show Just a Slight Decrease for Vancouver and Clark County Washington in April.
Clark County and Vancouver WA real estate has
shown stamina by only slowing 6% after last month's 42% surge in Pending Sales!
The relative mix of 3rd-Party and Distressed properties also dropped slightly
from 44.9% to 40.6% of the total Pending Sales for April.
We are using the Vancouver MLS (covers Clark County Washington also) to obtain a quick snap-shot view of what happened real estate sales wise within the confines of Clark County Washington (Vancouver USA is the largest community) for the month of April. The chart below is the condensed version we have prepared from Vancouver MLS data:
This month the level of Active homes is showed a slight decrease, with the volume of Pending Sales
remaining relatively strong. The table below shows the most recent
three months of activity for comparison purposes. Both the median
price and average price showed slight slippage (right-click on the image to see the enlarged
From this quick view we have a decrease to 7.3 months inventory, which is an important trend we want to watch in the supply of homes for sale in Vancouver WA over the next several months.
For this month the Average Sold price is $217,299 which is down from the prior month; while the Median Sales Price move down from $192,125 to $191,000.
These final charts graphically represent the home sales results for Clark County and Vancouver WA in summary form:
The important items we are looking for the Clark County market turnaround are not just an increase in the number of transactions and firming-prices but, an increase in the "Normal Sale" (i.e., non-Pre-Foreclosure / Foreclosure) Category. In our opinion with about 40.6% of the Pending status homes being 3rd party or Foreclosure transactions (another monthly decrease), we view this as a very positive trend -- with short-sale lenders improving their Approval Rates for short sale offers! Prices have been relatively flat, with some up and down, which is a typical and welcome sign of base-building.
If you are looking to sell your home in Vancouver WA, and Clark County Washington in this challenging market time please call or e-mail us with the details of your situation and we'll customize a marketing plan to get your Clark County Home Sold!
The largest city in Clark County WA is Vancouver Washington. Other towns include: Amboy, Battle Ground, Brush Prairie, Camas, Ridgefield, Washougal, parts of Woodland and Yacolt.
1) 3rd Party = the sales contract requires the approval of a third party; and includes Short-Sales, Trust Sales, Relocation Company sales, etc.
2) Pre-Foreclosures = aka Short-Sales are homes where the lending bank(s) agrees to take less, allowing a sales transaction to take place.
3) Foreclosures = aka REO's and Bank Owned Homes, already Foreclosed by the Lender(s).
4) PENDING = listed homes that have been marked as under contract by the listing agent during the past 30 days.
5) SOLD = listed homes that have been marked as closed sales by the listing agent in the past 30 days. Note: some of these sold homes may have been "pending sales" for far more than 30 days!
Disclaimer: this information is drawn using custom search parameters from the predominant MLS system covering Vancouver Washington and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
- Clark County and Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Update Report for April 2011
- Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Report for April 2011
- Battle Ground Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for April 2011
- Camas WA Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for April 2011
- La Center WA Real Estate | Market Trends and Statistics April 2011
- Ridgefield WA Real Estate | Market Trends and Statistics - April 2011
- Washougal WA Real Estate | Market Report for April 2011
- Clark County and Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Update Report for March 2011
- Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Report for March 2011
- Battle Ground Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for March 2011
- Camas WA Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for March 2011
- La Center WA Real Estate | Market Trends and Statistics March 2011
- Ridgefield WA Real Estate | Market Trends and Statistics - March 2011
- Washougal WA Real Estate | Market Report for March 2011
The above information was provided by John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander, recognized as one of the top teams at REMAX Vancouver WA. We hope you enjoy the information in our posts, including videos on real estate and Homes for sale in Vancouver Washington and the rest of Clark County.
Thinking of selling your home in this market? We have the insight and passion for selling homes to get you moving!
Visit our website to learn more about Vancouver Washington, Camas real estate or Battle Ground real estate.
PS - Nobody sells more real estate than RE/MAX. Look to John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander for Vancouver WA Homes For Sale