In Real Estate one of the hazzards that is often not thought of is being bitten by a dog. Real Estate agents and their clients are walking into a strange house often with no knowledge of a dogs temperment, home owners should remove the dogs from the home prior to showings but many do not.
TIPS ON PREVENTING DOG BITES
1. Never run past or from a dog, it is the dogs natural instinct to chase after you.
2. If a dog is threatening you, do not scream, avoid eye contact, remain motionless and back away slow when the dog walks away.
3. Never approach a strange dog
4. Do not pet a dog without asking the owner first and always let teh dog sniff you before petting
5. If the dog is about to attack , try and put something between yo in the dog like furniture, pillow, backpack, bicycle or such.
Please feel free to comment or add any tips you may have
Updated May 19, 2011
Copyright 2008-2011, All rights reserved