Carlsbad Real RealEstate Market Snapshot (May-2011)
There's a lot of "chatter" regarding a double dip recession in the housing market when in reality in many regions around the country prices have started to rise. I want to be clear; I am not stating that there is no chance for a double dip but month over month indicators contradict the double dip theory, stay tuned. The key metrics below will provide some insight into the Carlsbad single family home, condo/townhome market and a link to the most recent inventory of duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes to come into the market:
Carlsbad Single Family Homes
- May, 2011: Carlsbad Homes for Sale: 661 (Active, contingent, and pending)
- May, 2011: Carlsbad Months of Inventory: 8.2
- April, 2011: Carlsbad Median Home Price $621,000; 12% lower than April, 2010
- April, 2011: Carlsbad Homes Sold: 90; 8% higher than April, 2010
Carlsbad Condos and Townhomes
- May, 2011: Carlsbad Condos for Sale: 337 (Active, contingent, and pending)
- May, 2011: Carlsbad Months of Inventory (Condos): 8.6
- April, 2011: Carlsbad Median Condo Price: $313,000; 8% lower than April, 2010
- April, 2011: Carlsbad Condos Sold: 40; 25% lower than April, 2010
This snapshot is a quick summary from The North county Real Estate Report, a free 23 page real estate market report covering all cities in the North County of San Diego. Feel free to browse the current issue and subscribe to The North County Real Estate Report and the 2-4 Unit Statistical Review any time.
Thank you for reading!