Maturity Matters, Newsletter for Boomers and Seniors June 2011
Every Month, in cooperation with our affiliation as Certified Professional Consultant on Aging, (CPCA, formerly known as CSA) we publish and distribute a Newsletter Called "Maturity Matters",
This Newsletter offers Pfanntastic information and resources for Boomers, Seniors and those that love and care for them.
Please use the links in this article to take full advantage of the Aging Friendly Information we have compiled for you.
We hope you enjoy the newsletters, and encourage your comments, thoughts, questions and feedback to Peter and Linda Pfann
Maturity Matters Newsletter June 2011
This Month's Topics include:
- According to the famous Wilkins retrospective study in 1999, falls are a leading cause of morbidity and mortality in older Canadians:
- The sixth leading cause of death.
- One in three people over 65 years old and one in two aged 85 or over fall each year, and about half of these falls involve fractures.
- Q. My mother must take several medications at different times of the day.
- She has always managed them herself, but recently I notice there’s a mini drugstore on her night table.
- Does she really need all those drugs, and how can we be sure she’s keeping them straight?
- Making your own tomato sauce takes a little effort, but it is worth it.
- The taste is fresh and you can control the sugar, sodium and fat. Makes 8 servings.
- Not just Pfunny..... Profoundly Pfunny
- There are 1.4 million Canadians who suffer from osteoporosis.
- One in four women over the age of 50 and one in eight men over 50 have the disease.
- However, the disease can strike at any age.
Peter and Linda Pfann, Specialize in assisting the 50+ and their loved ones with all their real estate (and related matters) in and around Greater Victoria BC, Canada and we pride ourselves with having compiled, researched and gained access to the best possible networks and resources benefiting Boomers and Seniors living in or planning to move to Greater Victoria.
This Information was provided to you compliments of Victoria BC Realtors, "Peter and Linda Pfann", Certified Professional Consultant on Aging (CPCA)®. CPCAs are committed to providing exceptional service, and have supplemented their professional training by learning about the unique and changing needs of the 50+ population.
Make sure that the professionals serving you have taken the time and made the commitment to learn more about YOU! To find CPCAs in good standing in your area, go to www.CPCAcanada.com. or www.pfanntastic.com and www.victoriasm.com. To Find additional Victoria, BC, Canada, Senior Focused Resources, please visit "The Elder Friendly Community Network"
To Find out how we serve Greater Victoria Boomers and Seniors and their families with their real estate plans and needs in and around Greater Victoria BC, please call Peter and Linda Pfann in Victoria BC, Canada at (250)-213-9490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.