I thought I would take advantage of the re-blog feature we have here on Active Rain, so that others too, can enjoy reading some of the articles that are written by the experts. Here is an excellent blog for you as well. Enjoy.
Hi folks. Short Sale Designations. How many are there and does having one mean anything? Well there are a whole bunch of designations!!
Having a Short Sale designation means that the agent, at a minimum, knows how to put together a short sale package to send to the lender. They have probably been through several hours of training either live or via the internet.
I'm not aware of ANY designation that requires experience. And that's where the problem lies. An agent can have numerous Short Sale designations and market themselves as: "expert", "specialist", "professional", "genius", "certified", "consultant" and so forth. When the reality is they have NEVER listed and closed on one successful Short Sale. Misleading? You betcha!!!
My designation is real life experience. I don't have any Short Sale designations. I bet I could teach the course though. For me short sales were never difficult. They are a process. It took about 5 minutes to figure out what was included in a short sale package to the lender. All I did was ask them. From there short sales involve negotiating. Well heck I've been negotiating real estate deals for 17 years. A deal's a deal. Nothing new there.
Lender nuances, rules, regs and laws change constantly. These you stay on top of by being in the Short Sale business, listening, asking questions and researching. A designation class may get you started but it certainly won't make you an expert. Only experience will do that. And maybe after another 100 or so closings I'll consider myself one.
Here's a list of some of the more popular designations. I'm sure there are more.
CDPE- Certified Distressed Property Expert
- A Certified Distressed Property Expert® (CDPE) has a thorough understanding of complex issues in today’s turbulent real estate industry and knowledge of foreclosure avoidance options available to homeowners. CDPEs can provide solutions, specifically short sales, for homeowners facing market hardships.
SFR-Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource
- For many real estate professionals, short sales and foreclosures are the new “traditional” real estate transaction. Knowing how to help sellers maneuver the complexities of short sales as well as help buyers pursue short sale and foreclosure opportunities are not merely good skills to have in today’s market — they are critical. And while short sales and foreclosures are not for the faint of heart, agents with the proper tools and training can use these specialty areas to build their business for the long term.
CSP-Certified Short Sale Professional
- Introducing the Certified Short-Sale Professional (CSP) designation course, the only complete short sale and preforeclosure designation course that shows real estate professionals how to become a short sale expert and generate substantial commissions helping homeowners avoid foreclosure.
SSG-Short Sale Genius
- In order to help homeowners recongnize what level of expertise an agent has, we have developed a sliding scale designation to identify successful agents vs. just dealing with an agent who "attended" a training. Without the SSG designation, other agents and the general public can not identify who they are working with and if they really are "good" at what they do.
CSSN-Certified Short Sale Negotiator
- This is a one-day course and is focused on the short sale process and the different negotiation techniques required to successfully negotiate a short sale.
CFAC-Certified Floreclosure Alternatives Consultant
- Once you complete the course, you’ll be a trained consultant who understands the alternatives to foreclosure with an emphasis on the short sale process.
CSSA-Certified Short Sale Agent
- Certified Short Sale Agent training provides you with critical knowledge and techniques to increase your business through selling distressed real estate.
ADPR-Accredited Distressed Property Representative
- The Accredited Distressed Property Representative Designation (ADPR) designation is awarded to those who successfully complete the two-day course by passing the final examination.
Are you facing foreclosure in Florida?
Do NOT be foreclosed on! Avoid foreclosure. Short Sales DO close.
Want to find out more? www.CentralFloridaShortSales.com
***I am NOT an Attorney nor do I play one on TV. Click the button below for my Bio.
Copyright © 2011 http://www.brokerbryant.com/ | All Rights Reserved
Mortgage Assistance Relief Services Disclosure
Tutas Towne Realty, Inc is not associated with the government and our services have not been approved by the government or your Lender. If you stop paying your mortgage you could lose your home and damage your credit. Your Lender may not agree to the change of your loan and/or a Short Sale.With a Short Sale, there are no guarantees offered and we cannot provide legal advice. Seek legal advice.
Tutas Towne Realty, Inc handles Florida real estate sales, Florida short sales, Florida strategic short sales, Florida pre-foreclosure sales, Florida foreclosures in Kissimmee Florida Short Sales, Davenport Florida Short Sales, Haines City Florida Short Sales, Poinciana Florida Short Sales, Solivita Florida Short Sales, Orlando Florida Short Sales, Celebration Florida Short Sales, Winderemere Florida Short Sales. Serving all of Polk, Osceola and Orange Counties Florida. Florida Short Sale Broker. Short Sale Florida.