Do you have smokers in the family? Does your home smell smoky and musty? Here are some tips to solve that problem.
1. Stop smoking in the house, immediately
2. Professionally clean your carpets, drapes, and furniture
3. Wash the walls with a mixture of baking soda and bleach (easy on the bleach)
4. Spray Fabreze on furniture and carpets daily - I recommend Fabreze because it doesn't cover up the odor, it eliminates it
5. Do not use scented candles or any fragrance. This will only make the smoky smell sweet
6. Open the windows for a few days and let the house air out.
7. Stop smoking in the house, immediately
If the odor persists it may be necessary to paint the walls but if you follow the tips above your home should be fresh in a few days.
Good luck! Contact a Home Stager for more tips on how to stage your home for a fast sale!