Buying a lake home or cabin? Check out this series of 20 tips for buying a lake home or cabin in NW Wisconsin or any other part of the country.
Thinking about buying a lake home or cabin in NW Wisconsin (or on any lake in the US this year)? There are many excellent properties to choose from on a variety of lake types and sizes, and many are offered at exceptional values.
There are many questions to consider when determining just the right type of home or cabin on just the right lake or river that’s the best fit for you. This series of 20 Tips for Buying a Lake Home will help to answer many of your questions. Articles include how to choose the lake that’s right for you, shoreland zoning, types of wells and septic systems, viewing lake properties, and much more. These articles are all written from a Wisconsin perspective, but most will be helpful to buyers anywhere in the US.
- Getting started
- Choosing the lake or water type that’s right for you
- How does water get into your lake?
- Recreational activities
- Your ideal lake home or cabin style and condition
- Lake frontage and shoreland zoning
- Wisconsin’s pier regulations
- Beauty or price
- Critical habitat designations – how the process works
- Critical habitat designations – what are they and how do they affect you?
- Critical habitat designations – how they affect waterfront owners
- Critical habitat designations – why they’re usually a plus
- Critical habitat designations – local examples from the Minong Flowage
- Viewing lake properties
- What you can learn from our dashes back to the city
- Shoreland zoning regulations NR 115
- Aquatic invasive species
- Is a smaller lake right for you?
- What your should know about wells
- Types of septic systems
Have other questions? Give me a call. I’ll be happy to help. Check out all my listings in NW Wisconsin: www.JeanHedren.com