Selling a Home - Partnership in Success - Part 6d - Exposure
In Selling a Home - Partnership in Success - Part 1 - Introduction we went over how we might not be able to change "The Market" but we can control our position in "The Market" while Selling a Home.
In Selling a Home - Partnership in Success - Part 2 - The Objective - we looked at different objectives you might have when Selling a Home.
In Selling a Home - Partnership in Success - Part 4 - Condition of Your House was the topic. It is not as simple an issue as you might think.
In Selling a Home - Partnership in Success - Part 5 - Availability of Your Home was the topic.
In Selling a Home - Partnership in Success - Part 6a - Exposure I covered some of the issues in how to get exposure for your home. In the following posts in the series Selling a Home - Partnership in Success - Part 6 we will follow up with some specifics. Part 6b - The MLS, Part 6c - The Internet, now . . .
Other Methods - There are a lot of other methods some overlap with the Internet but are distinct:
- Broker Tours. Get the home on the tour of the local Brokers. Brokers do tours to look at homes and get an idea of what is available.
- Fliers. Some agents believes fliers are the best tool in the world. Others do not like fliers as they think it keeps the prospect from calling or looking the home up on line where they can get a lot more information. If Fliers are used they should reference the web site and possible have the QR codes on them.
- News Letters/Fliers/Cards - Get the word out on the home with News Letters, Fliers and Cards. The Internet version of this is E-mail and Blogging.
- Open Houses - Many disparage this method and feel that it does not sell many houses. It may not sell many directly but it certainly helps create buzz. Some one that sees an open house may tell a friend about it who comes and sees it with an agent and buys it.
- Sphere of Influence - Let your friends and family know the home is for sale. When you have the open house let the neighbors wonder through. They may not buy it - probably won't - but they will tell other people about the house.
- Magazines, Newspapers, and other print media. These may not be the best methods any more but they can have an impact.
No agent is going to use every method of exposure for your home. There are too many methods and only so much time and money. What a good agent will do is figure out the best methods for your home and situation. It is better to do some methods right than all the methods in a slipshod manner. The nice thing about Internet marketing is the syndication factor that lets your efforts be multiplied over a vast area and audience.
We do want to use as many methods as we effectively can to provide the widest possible funnel of buyers to your home.
Next time we will look at Market Timing.