You can get a mortgage if you have a H1B visa, along with other type of Immigration Visas. If you are here in the United States and on a VISA you will want to know if you can get a mortgage to purchase your dream home. Below is the list of Visa's that someone can have to get a FHA or Conventional Mortgage:
- H1B and H1C
- L-1A and L-1B
Visa's that have requirements:
- H-4:only if H-1B is on the loan
- L-2: only if L-1A and/or L-1B is on the loan
- P-4: only if P-1 is on the loan
- R-2: only if R-1 is on the loan
- TD: only if TN is on the loan
- K-1:only if American citizen is on the loan also
- K-2,3,4: only if American citizen is on the loan
All of these Visa's that have requirements are for spouses or children of the person with the approved visa.
I am amazed with how many lenders do not know which Immigration Visa someone can have to get a mortgage. If you have talked to a lender and they told you that you could not get a mortgage because of your visa and you see your visa on this list, Call Me Today.