Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
5 Reasons to Work Well with the OTHER AGENT is a great blog from Connie Harvey. And it is so true. We are all professionals pursuing the same end - to have a happy client and close a transaction. As professionals we should work together to do so, not "just the opposite." Thank you Connie for the post. I hope many will read it and take the info to heart.
This afternoon we will close on a property that was supposed to close on Monday of this week. A two day delay is not the end of the world but it's sad that there are bad feelings probably on both sides. This could have been avoided if the Buyers' Agent had just communicated.
Without going into the details of this transaction, my thoughts go to this other agent and my first thought is I hope I never have to do business with them because it wasn't a pleasant experience.
Without further ado: 5 Reasons to Work Well with the Other Agent
1. The agent will surely tell their co-workers and everyone they know what a bad experience it was. When the Lender called Friday NIGHT to tell us that we were not closing on Monday, you had a responsibility to respond to emails and phone calls over the weekend. Your email Monday morning that said "I'm sorry, I've been busy and I missed that email" doesn't cut it. Besides, which of the 6 emails was "THAT"?
2. The agent will avoid showing your property and hope that you don't show theirs. When, in frustration, on Monday afternoon you got the email from us telling you that our contract would be void since you didn't bother to send and Extension to Close addendum and that we'd be putting the house back on the market, you called within 5 minutes. Do you just get the emails that worry you?
3. The agents clients will tell everyone they know about the experience. Monday as the Seller was cleaning the house, the power went off because you didn't give the Buyers the list of utilities and remind them that they needed to get them switched before closing. So your Buyer is getting a home that isn't totally clean.
4. It's not about you. It's about doing a good job for your clients. Your client did not get an extremely cheap 1 year old refrigerator because you failed to communicate with them that it was for sale. Sitting at the closing table and telling them was too late. The refrigerator was gone because we were giving you possession at closing. All personal items had to be gone.
5. Your reputation in the industry is all you have. Once you're known as someone difficult to work with other agents will go out of their way to avoid you. Agents don't like to work with agents that don't do their job, return phone calls and emails. They especially don't work well with agents that lie to them.
Just do your job. You make us all look bad when you don't.
My rant for the day.
Connie Harveyis a local agent with Pilkerton Realtors, serving home buyers and sellers in Nashville, TN, Brentwood TN, and Franklin TN. Let her help you realize your Real Estate goals. She can be reached at 615-371-2474.
All pictures, text, etc. stated within is the exclusive property of Bobbie Smith and cannot be copied or duplicated without written consent from Bobbie Smith. All statistics and data contained herein are obtained from reliable sources and are deemed reliable however each individual should always do their own research on each topic and derive their own conclusions. Any statements of opinion are just that, the opinions of Bobbie Smith.
Homes in the Poconos for sale, Pocono Vacation Homes, Sell My Pocono Home, buy a home in the Poconos, Pocono real estate market trends, Pocono Lake homes, Lakefront Homes for sale, Stroudsburg, E. Stroudsburg, Tannersville, Henryville, Pocono Summit, Log Homes in the Poconos, Vacation Chalet, Cabins in the Mountains, where are the Poconos
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.