Adding Color to Your Arizona Home
If you are looking to add some color to your Arizona home, you should first keep in mind the
60/30/10 color scheme percentage rule. An old-time designer rule maintains that 60% of the space should be the primary color in a room, 30% should be the secondary color and 10% should be the accent color. To put that into perspective, many designers compare this rule to a man’s suit. His pants and jacket make up 60% of the color, his shirt 30% of the color, and his tie 10% of the color he wears.
You will find that the paint on your walls, furniture and window coverings make up the majority of the color in any given room in your home. Accent items make up the last 10% of the color in a room. Without spending a fortune on new paint, furniture or window coverings, you can add accent colors to your home by following some of these easy and inexpensive techniques:
- Put out some fresh flowers or a plant. Be sure to use a beautiful vase or a colorful pot.
- Set your table. Bring out the fine china or brightly colored dishes. Be sure to use lively napkins and napkin rings and a gorgeous centerpiece.
- Place fresh fruit on a vibrant bowl, platter or cutting board on your kitchen counter.
- Buy a couple of stunning throw pillows and toss them onto your bed, couch or chair.
- Place an impressive rug at your entryway or in your kitchen or master bath.
- Find the focal point in your living or family room, and hang an inspiring piece of art or striking picture on your wall.
- Change out your shower curtain to something new and fresh.
- Arrange removable decorative wall decals in your bedroom or bathroom.
- Organize rooms with colorful storage bins and shelves.
- Purchase colorful office supplies, folders, pen holders and files and display them on your desk.
Always keep in mind the 60/30/10 strategy when adding color to any room in your home. It provides an aesthetically soothing and flowing space. These 10 easy ways to add accent colors to your home will give it the final touches it needs in any given color scheme.
Thomas Davis Group Realty is a full service Real Estate Brokerage. Our Goal as a Company is to have customer service that is not just the best, but extraordinary! We follow on simple rule: Always give our customers more than what they expected.
Feel free to browse Homes in Metro Phoenix at any one of our great websites. No obligation just Good Information.