Call them mobile homes, trailers, RVs .. one thing is for sure it's not a bad way to live or travel!
Here's our room with a view!
My family and I decided to escape the heat in Tucson and spend a few days in San Diego CA. Since my daughter was little, we have owned some type of RV or trailer because we've found out several things:
- It's a lot easier to travel with children if they aren't strapped in a car seat for hours at a time and you can feed them while rolling down the road or let them sleep. You also have a bathroom ready when you need it!
- It's a lot cheaper than staying in a hotel
- You meet your neighbors and make new friends. And people in RV parks are friendly, nice and happy!
- Everyone has a room with a view!
- And if you choose to live in a trailer park year round - it's a cheap, simple, no commitment lifestyle. Most trailer parks - permanent or temporary - just charge a monthly rent fee and that covers what you need including utilities.
Early morning in the RV Park!
Of course there are two ends of this spectrum - from the very cheesy low end trailer parks, to the over 55 high-end, trailer/park model resort parks. And there are rigs to match any place you like best - from the pop up tent trailers to those RVs that cost in excess of $300k.
Fixed mobile homes to the left - and that's their permanent view!
It's the somewhere in between that I like best that whether you go on vacation, are a snow bird, or are looking to simplify your life - it's something worth considering. If you don't want to buy something - rent it - you can rent a fixed mobile home, or call a company that will deliver and set up one for you in one of the RV parks or just rent one in your town and drive to your destination.
One thing is for sure, the best part about this for us, is we can take a little bit of home on vacation and never feel like we need a vacation from our vacation when we get back!
Buying or selling Tucson real estate, Mt Lemmon, Tucson bank-owned homes, Tucson rental homes, or Tucson lease option homes? Visit www.KGCPropertiesLLC.com!
This blog is written with my opinions and my opinions are presented with accuracy but not guarantees. Please talk to a professional before making any real estate, financial or agency decisions. Gabrielle Kamahele Rhind - 2011. If you want to reprint parts of this - just email me for my permission:TucsonsRealEstate@gmail.com.