1. It does not matter how many folks don’t understand or get what you are trying to accomplish. The key is how many people do understand what you are doing, appreciate and recognize your work.
2. Maintain a positive attitude at all times and constantly strive to improve no matter what some folks say.
3. At least 10 % or more of people will find a way to take what you are doing as a personal insult to them. Always be ready for this issue and count on it happening.
4. You can not expect everyone is going to like you. Per Colin Powell “Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of Mediocrity”. So what if some folks don’t like you. Don’t lose any sleep or waste time worrying about folks who don’t like you.
5. If you are extremely effective at what you do most comments about you by others will be negative. Usually the best folks in any given field are always the ones getting the most criticism.
6. Living extremely well is always the best revenge. Ignore the comments of haters and show how much fun you are really having. This will drive the haters absolutely nuts.
7. Always be calm, cool and collected no matter what the situation. Remember the old kids line of Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.