FSBO: The Outline
Over the past twenty years of working the real estate market, I have gathered information and held it in files for "someday" use. Much of what I am using is verbiage that we have all heard for years, but about a dozen years ago I did some re-wording and put it all together neatly in a package. Over the years I have adjusted and readjusted to keep current with the market.
When I started sharing my Unrepresented Seller handout on AR, it didn't occur to me that so many of you were not tapping into this market. Because of "the times," FSBOs are definitely a hot prospect ~ as long as you are not badgering them. The greatest drawback, as with the general market, is that so many are over-encumbered on mortgages, and many cannot afford the services of a Realtor. That will have to be determined by you on a case by case basis.
I have had an overwhelming personal response from people on AR asking me if they could purchase a copy of the booklet from me. Obviously, if I am sharing this information, you are welcome to use it for your PERSONAL use. You may not, however, reproduce it for sale.
Of course I am happy to share the booklet with you, but since it has my information all over it, it doesn't seem like it will do you much good, but still I will be pleased to mail it to you if you want it. I will do a video (or slide show) this week showing the actual handout. This is the easiest way I can think of to share with you what it looks like.
- The "Process"
- Help in Selling Your Home (cover)
- The beginning
- The Famous Curb Appeal
- Basics in preparing your home
- When It's Time to Show Your Home
- Is it wise?
- The risk factor
- Paperwork nightmare
- We Can Follow Up with Buyers
- Time is not your friend
- Balancing Act
- Realtors have Buyers Waiting
- The Costs
- Are you available to show the property
- 81% of Buyers purchase thru an Agent
- Cost vs. Expense
- Things that don't affect value
- If this seems overwhelming . . .
- My Goal
- You are concerned about the sale of ONE home
- If you're sick you go to a doctor
- We do more than match a Buyer with a Home
- Closing Letter