Home Sales Show Another Strong Month for Vancouver and Clark County Washington in June.
Real Estate Sales in Clark County and Vancouver WA has
advanced again with Pending Sales edging up another 2 units over last month, the
previous high so far in
The relative mix of 3rd-Party and Distressed properties also edged slightly
from 40.% to 31.8% of the total Pending Sales for June.
The Data we are using the Vancouver MLS (covers Clark County Washington also) to obtain a comprehensive view of what happened real estate sales wise within the confines of Clark County Washington (Vancouver USA is the largest community) for the month of June. The chart below is the condensed version we have prepared from Vancouver MLS data:
This month the level of Active homes is showing a modest decrease of 6.9%, with the volume of Pending Sales
remaining quite strong. An important point to remember when viewing this
information in light of the local newspaper reports, is that this year we do not
have a Federal Home Buyer Tax Credit Incentive driving home sales like there was
last year. The sales this market is achieving are based upon better
pricing and transaction terms. The table below shows the most recent
three months of activity for comparison purposes. Both the median
price and average price showed slight slippage which is customary and expected
in the early phase of a market recovery (right-click on the image to see the enlarged
From this quick view we have a decrease to 6.7 months inventory; although from our Mid-Year 2011 Clark County Real Estate Market Report this number must be adjusted downward to 5.17 months to account for "New Homes" listings where the house has not been built; and for Short Sale listings with offers on them. This is an important trend we want to watch in the supply of homes for sale in Vancouver WA over the next several months.
For this month the Average Sold price is $180,233 - down from $192,105 the prior month; while the Median Sales Price dropped to $163,500. Again, this is a common It is our observation that the lower-end properties are seeing strong activity at the moment.
These final charts graphically represent the home sales results for Clark County and Vancouver WA in summary form:
The important items we are looking for the Clark County market turnaround are not just an increase in the number of transactions and firming-prices but, an increase in the "Normal Sale" (i.e., non-Pre-Foreclosure / Foreclosure) Category. In our opinion with about 40.3% of the Pending status homes being 3rd party or Foreclosure transactions (another monthly decrease), we view this as a very positive trend. Prices have been drifting downward, which in the early phase of a recovery is very common, and is also a sign of damaged and rehabbed properties being cleared out of the mix.
If you are looking to sell your home in Vancouver WA, and Clark County Washington in this challenging market time please call or e-mail us with the details of your situation and we'll customize a marketing plan to get your Clark County Home Sold!
The largest city in Clark County WA is Vancouver Washington. Other towns include: Amboy, Battle Ground, Brush Prairie, Camas, Ridgefield, Washougal, parts of Woodland and Yacolt.
1) 3rd Party = the sales contract requires the approval of a third party; and includes Short-Sales, Trust Sales, Relocation Company sales, etc.
2) Pre-Foreclosures = aka Short-Sales are homes where the lending bank(s) agrees to take less, allowing a sales transaction to take place.
3) Foreclosures = aka REO's and Bank Owned Homes, already Foreclosed by the Lender(s).
4) PENDING = listed homes that have been marked as under contract by the listing agent during the past 30 days.
5) SOLD = listed homes that have been marked as closed sales by the listing agent in the past 30 days. Note: some of these sold homes may have been "pending sales" for far more than 30 days!
Disclaimer: this information is drawn using custom search parameters from the predominant MLS system covering Vancouver Washington and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
- Clark County and Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Update Report for June 2011
- Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Report for June 2011
- Battle Ground Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for June 2011
- Camas WA Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for June 2011
- La Center WA Real Estate | Market Trends and Statistics June 2011
- Ridgefield WA Real Estate | Market Trends and Statistics - June 2011
- Washougal WA Real Estate | Market Report for June 2011
- Clark County and Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Update Report for May 2011
- Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Report for May 2011
- Battle Ground Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for May 2011
- Camas WA Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for May 2011
- La Center WA Real Estate | Market Trends and Statistics May 2011
- Ridgefield WA Real Estate | Market Trends and Statistics - May 2011
- Washougal WA Real Estate | Market Report for May 2011
The above information was provided by John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander, recognized as one of the top teams at REMAX Vancouver WA. We hope you enjoy the information in our posts, including videos on real estate and Homes for sale in Vancouver Washington and the rest of Clark County.
Thinking of selling your home in this market? We have the insight and passion for selling homes to get you moving!
Visit our website to learn more about Vancouver Washington, Camas real estate or Battle Ground real estate.
PS - Nobody sells more real estate than RE/MAX. Look to John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander for Vancouver WA Homes For Sale