My favorite things about Summer on the Crystal Coast!
Let's just go ahead and get the negative out of the way....It's HOT! Really, really Hot! We are seeing temps in the low 100s and folks are complaining big time. Throw in 100% humidity and it's just miserable! Well, I made a promise after this past winter (I really hate the cold), that when summer arrived I would not complain about the heat. While it may be extremely and uncomfortably hot, there are many things I love about summer on the Crystal Coast of North Carolina.
- The Friendly Market - I love strolling through the shaded, winding trails finding the perfect plant or the perfect box of local produce. In the winter time.... no friendly market (exept for Christmas Trees) :-(
- The Shark Shack - My family and I visit the Shark Shack many times during the summer months. We enjoy good food and cold drinks under the comfort of a big umbrella while listinging to live local music. And.... No Shark Shack in the winter :-(
- The Beach - Of course, the beach never goes anywhere, and we enjoy the beach in the winter too. But in the summer time, folks from all over join us (and I LOVE People watching), the water is fabulous and refreshing, and it's a great opportunity to sit with your toes in the sand, a cold drink in your hand, and relax with a great book!
- Movies at the Beach - During the summer, the whole family can enjoy great movies on a big screen at the Atlantic Beach Circle. Pack a picnik dinner and a blanket and you are all set!
- Concerts at the Park - Only in the summer can you head over to the Morehead City Waterfront and find great local bands performing popular beach music. Locals shagging and having a great time.
And if those are not great enough reasons to love Summer on the Crystal Coast, there are many other ways to have fun and stay cool in the process...... Ten Ways to Stay Cool on the Crystal Coast!
I also love showing property during the summer and helping buyers find their perfect beach home! If you are interested in living on the Crystal Coast of North Carolina, give me a call or visit our website at www.pineknollshoresrealty.com