Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Kristine Ginsberg from Morris County, N.J. has some clear and concise advice for home sellers. Get your home in order before putting it on the market and you will knock the socks off the buyers touring. You need to be a stand-out to be a successful seller.
Preparing Your Home For Sale - The Top 10 Recommendations From a Morris County, NJ Stager
1. Walk through each room as if you were a buyer. Can you move freely about? If not, open up the space by eliminating excess furniture, creating easy traffic flow throughout your home. When selling - less is always better!
2. If possible, use a short-term rental company and store personal items, excess furniture and personal collections – anything that takes away focus from the home’s architectural features and causes distractions – remember you are selling your home, not your lifestyle. (This will also eliminate stress later when it’s time to move.)
3. Clean, Clean, clean - It's the easiest, no cost project and this can't be emphasized enough - nothing turns a buyer off more than a messy, dirty or smelly home - this will send buyers running for the door - trust me on this one!
4. Master bedrooms and baths should appeal to both sexes - if yours is gender specific, balance it with some masculine/ feminine accessories - pillows, art, greenery, a well placed throw and use neutral bedding - your grandmother's homemade quilt isn't going to cut it!
5. Painting the interior of your home is the greatest ROI (Return on investment) when selling. Is the color palate of your home uniform throughout with neutral colors? Keep in mind, you are appealing to the masses - choose taupes, beiges, creams and grays. Another bonus is these colors go with almost any decor. You can add pops of color using art, throw pillows, floral center pieces, plants and a well place throw.
6. Look at upscale hotels online– they are staged to appeal to the masses – clean, crisp, clutter free, updated. Outdated wall paper and boarders should be removed - this is one of the biggest buyer turnoffs and they often move on. In today’s market buyers want turnkey homes!
7. Assume buyers will be looking in your closets, cabinets, attics and basements…because they will! Organize what you must keep, and store the rest. Buyers want to know your home has enough storage space to accommodate their stuff.
8. Fix broken screens, running toilets,door hinges, leaky faucets and door bells - Yes, I'm beating a dead horse, but these are big turnoffs and don't invoke any confidence that your home is well taken care of –the kind buyers are looking to buy!
9. Open all blinds, eliminate heavy window treatments and take down outdated vertical blinds that scream the 80’s. Let the natural light shine in - this cheers up and brightens the home, making it more spacious and airy – just what today’s buyers are looking for!
10. When selling it’s hard to be objective about your own home because your are too emotionally attached - consult a professional home stager to help you prepare your home for today’s market, giving it the competitive edge over your competition!
Home Staging Morris County - Kristine Ginsberg
Elite Staging and Redesign (201)602-2562
When you're looking to sell quickly and for top dollar, Elite Staging and Redesign of Morris County knows how to get the job done right. We will use proven techniques to create warm, inviting, updated spaces that will appeal to the masses. In today's competitive market, every home can use an edge and that's what Elite Staging is all about.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.