Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
So you are thinking of getting your first place and are thinking about buying a condo. Condos much like the units in Mill River Meadows within South Windsor can make a fantastic option for a first time buyer. What is important as you evaluate the units in Mill River Meadows to compare them with other complex’s in South Windsor to decide if condo living is made for you?
1. Complex Amenities: Each South Windsor CT condo complex such as Mill River Meadows has different features. Does the complex have a pool? Basketball or Tennis court? Recreation space? A gym? Which of these is important to you? Realize that the more features the complex features it is likely that the regular monthly HOA dues will be higher.
2. Design and appearance of condo: There are different forms of condos, ranch, garden, townhouse. Some complexes have only a few units in a building; others have numerous units in each building, and some might have units below or above yours. Understand the differences to each design, and select one that you will enjoy living in. Do you like the exterior colors, with a condo you likely cannot change them.
3. Location of the condo inside the complex: Corner units tend to be in additional demand. They usually have only one side neighbor, additional windows and better views. Along with corner units, consider how far in to the complex the unit is located. Do you want to be right near the entrance of the complex, or do you like the privacy of being among the last units? Just about everywhere in South Windsor CT is a convenient location, but also consider where in South Windsor Mill River Meadows is located.
4. Are there any limits to what you are allowed to do with your condo: Are pets allowed? Can you bar-b-que on your deck? Can you fly a flag? Can you have a motorcycle, or a work truck? You will have a chance to review the regulations of the complex (and accept or refuse them as a whole) as part of your purchase. You should also get answers to the most important ones like pets or work trucks when they matter to you prior to making an offer.
5. HOA Dues: HOA is short for “Home Owners Association” dues. Each complex like Mill River Meadows in South Windsor has dues so that they can pay the bills of the association. The majority of dues are based on the facilities and services given to unit owners like lawn care, snow removal, trash removal, pool maintenance, as well as money set aside to pay of the maintenance of streets, or other exterior items. For the most part, HOA dues depend on square footage of your unit..
6. Management of the complex:: How is the Mill River Meadows being taken care of? Is the exterior in good repair? Landscaping maintained? Are the roads as well as parking lots in good repair? Is the exercise equipment updated, does the gym looks clean over all? Does it look that overall there exists a pride of ownership?
7. Financial health of the complex: Ask to check out the budget for Mill River Meadows in South Windsor CT, and if there is a long term program in place for long term major maintenance. If you will be using a mortgage loan to purchase your unit there can be requirements that a percentage of monthly HOA dues be reserved for for large projects similar to roofs or exterior siding replacement. Ask if there have been or are they anticipating any special assessments. If the complex is it could indicate the complex doesn’t set aside adequate money for significant repairs which could create havoc on your month-to-month budget. Also inquire if there is any pending lawsuits against Mill River Meadows, if there is this might also prevent you from having the ability to finance your new condo. Mill River Meadows in South Windsor is an FHA approved complex. That approval is valid until 5/24/2012 which means Mill River Meadows condos are eligible for FHA financing.
Would you like a referral to a great South Windsor CT Realtor with experience in Mill River Meadows condos for sale? Call me at 860-306-8029.
Please be green and recycle. When you are done reading this post, please recycle it by forwarding it to someone you think who will enjoy reading it as well. Thank you!
If you or someone you know is thinking of buying or selling property in Connecticut or is looking to refinance their home in Connecticut -Please give Jon Sigler, Mortgage Banker (NMLS#119288) a call at 860-306-8029. Be sure to check out Jon's website www.4fhaloan.com and his blog.
Connecticut Magazine 2013 Five Star Mortgage Professional Award Recipient
This is not an offer or commitment to lend. Articles, information and commentary are offered for informational purposes only, and should not to be relied on as legal, tax or financial advice. Consumers should retain their own legal, tax and financial professionals for such advice.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.