Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Why is new home construction activity up in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia? The good news is, we're all experiencing part of the Real Estate Recovery happening in Virginia. I've come up with 7 reasons why people are buying new homes in our communities today.
We're excited about what's going on in our four East West Communities. Our buyers are finding out that it is a great time to build after comparing their options. There's no need to wait any more!
It's making sense for alot of people to actually sit down with the builder and custom build the home plan they really want in the neighborhood location they really want. Recent sales are up at The Riverfront at Harbour View and Founders Pointe new home communities. The new home construction quality has improved in recent years- more energy eficient, better framing and foundations, better quality appliances and interior appointments, etc.
There are also many reasons why today's homebuyers are seeking quality new home communities as a place to call home. There's a definite resurgence of interest in building a new home in our market, so I've listed 7 reasons why people are buying new homes in our communities today.
1. Value. Homebuyers looking for more value tend to be more cautious in their home purchase than they were maybe a few years ago. If you're investing your hard earned money, you want to make sure you're in an area that offers a high quality of life and offers a good resale opportunity. There's definitely a market looking for a neighborhood with lifestyle amenities- a place where they can get to know their neighbors, entertain friends and family, and have memorable experiences.
Homebuyers have been paying more attention in recent months in finding not only the "right price", but what's equally important is finding the "right home" and the right neighborhood. Buying a new home is a way to make sure you achieve your dream home and it's never been a better time to purchase a new home. Pricing of materials and labor are very attractive today than a few years ago and we're seeing it reflected in many pre-sold homes. People also want to take advantage of the lower interest rates.
2. Feeling of Security. Many new homes are located in quality planned communities, which can help give homebuyers a feeling of security. When asked what people look for when they shop for a new home, many say they're looking for a sense of community. Planned communities help provide the lifestyle that makes a house a home. The statement entry helps give a sense of arrival, a creative land plan allows for pocket parks, recreational areas, and private cul-de-sac neighborhoods and slower traffic. A more attractive streetscape is accomplished through unique and distinctive architectural guidelines, enhanced landscaping requirements and a quality team of homebuilders. The protective covenants also protect value and helps control the overall look and feel of a planned community.
New homebuyers also gain a sense of secuirty through the various new home warranties (Some roofs have 30 year warranties, Foundations and certain structural components can be 10 years, and other warranties on HVAC equipment, appliances, etc.) It's less out of pocket expense for the homeowner. In many of our communities, the yards are irrigated and sodded and includes at least $2,500 in landscaping, which also helps.
3. Reputable Homebuilders. Some of the area's most reputable builders have also committed to building Featured Models in planned communities because they know they attract quality homebuyers and it's a place they enjoy building new homes. The group of preferred builders also helps to accomplish the overall architectural theme goal and helps establish a great looking streetscape, thus a more attractive neighborhood. Residents also like dealing with homebuilders that are dedicated to their neighborhood.
Buying a home can be a highly emotional experience and it makes sense for the quality homebuilder to strategically build their best home designs and Featured Models where the homebuyers are really want to live.
4. Creative new home designs. We often see builders create a brand new home design that's on the cutting edge of national trends, showcasing the finest building products and materials. Our new home communities attract alot of visitors and the builders see it as an opportunity to go above and beyond in their selection of the home plan, the overall exterior curb appeal, and interior appointments. Every time we open a new section, our builders have stepped up with totally new plans which helps keep the neighborhood interesting and different.
Planned communities likeThe Riverfront at Harbour View,Founders Pointe, and Eagle Harbor can offer a wide variety of price ranges and new home styles. For example in Gables at The Riverfront and on Lighthouse Lane in Eagle Harbor, a single family home starts in the upper $200's. Custom homes in Graystone at Eagle Harbor begins in the $300's (7 builders), in Founders Pointe in the $400's (9 builders), and in The Riverfront the home prices begin in the $500's (8 builders).
5. Resort style Amenities. Residents in our East West Partners communities often say that living in our neighborhood is like being on vacation year round. Neighborhoods with active community clubs is attractive to many relocating from outside of the area. The resort styled amenities in The Riverfront, Founders Pointe, Eagle Harbor, and Gatling Pointe rival those at some of the greatest resorts. First class facilities such as the Founders Pointe Residents Club and The Riverfront Swim Clubmay add value to their homes and offers many positive experiences for their families....a chance to rediscover the simpler things in life, like going for a walk to one of the neighborhood parks. Residents enjoy the monthly planned activities - whether it's signing the kids up to one of the summer camps, participating on the neighborhood swim team, or on one of the many fun events scheduled by the Activities Coordinator.
Relocating families also tend to feel it's easier to get to know your neighbors in a neighborhood that offers a centralized amenity location. A lively club operation helps provide social interaction and opportunities to make new friends. It helps make the adjustment to a new area easier and it's a reason families from out of the area feel more welcome. There's something special about being able to take your grandchild to the river to check out one of the canoes to explore nature in your backyard..... Many buyers yearn for the opportunity to experience these memorable moments with their families.
6. Sense of place, Belonging. Many of today's homebuyers in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia are searching for a sense of belonging....a place they can enjoy recreation and have a lot of fun things to do without leaving their neighborhood. Many people seem to long for a safe place to live, a place to raise a family, to maintain a home they can be proud of, and live the American dream. A planned community offers many lifestyle opportunities and home style options. As mentioned earlier, most reputable builders are attracted to quality neighborhoods and they choose to align themselves with developers that create the best places to live.
7. Developer's Credibility.Today's consumers should investigate their options fully when finding the right neighborhood. Look at the track record and the whole body of work for that developer and/or builder. East West has always done better when the homebuyer compares the total community to other options in the marketplace. Communities like The Riverfront, Founders Pointe, and Eagle Harbor are located in growth areas and are places that people are moving to, and not away from. The Northern Suffolk/Isle of Wight County corridor is located on the western edge of the Tidewater area of Virginia, and is central to both the Peninsula and southside Hampton Roads.
After 38 years of developing planned communities, East West has listened to the homeowners' needs, wants, and desires- though numerous focus groups, surveys, and market research. Every time we open a new community we strive to provide the homebuyers with more things that they want. (For example, at Founders Pointe, one of our new home communities in the Hampton Roads area, there are more walking trails, a waterfront observation pier, a larger clubhouse, more pool shade structures and a water slide for the kids. In Liberty Ridge in Williamsburg, there will be miles of natural leisure trails winding through the neighborhood of three acre homesites.)
East West Communities has been developing planned communities since 1972, in six different states. East West's initial community in Chesterfield County, Brandermill, was awarded the "Best Planned Community" in 1978 by the National Housing & Builders Association and Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Our Woodlake community in Midlothian was also awarded "Best Community in the U.S. " by the Urban Land Institute in 1990.
Since then, East West Communities have expanded into the Hampton Roads market with four planned communities. Gatling Pointe features a yacht club, marina, and riverfront clubhouse & pool complex (over 500 homes). Eagle Harbor features a lakefront park, clubhouse, and spectacular pool with a water park and a GardenGolf course. The Riverfront features a Swim Club, golf course, two riverfront parks, a lakefront amphitheater and a second pool which overlooks Eagle Lake. Founders Pointe, a waterfront community near Smithfield, features a Residents' Club- a $2 million dollar club and pool complex which has a 112' water slide and a 4,000 square foot pool.
Over 1,000 familes have purchassed new homes in The Riverfront at Harbour View since its grand opening in 2000. Eagle Harbor has also attracted over 1,000 families since 2002. Founders Pointe, which is about 50% developed, has sold 160 custom homes (since 2005) of a possible 319 total homes (when it is fully developed).
The Riverfront at Harbour View has also been awarded "Community of the Year" twice by the Tidewater Builders Association. Gatling Pointe, Eagle Harbor, and Founders Pointe have also received the "Community of the Year" award by the Peninsula Housing and Builders Association.Liberty Ridge, a brand new custom home community in Williamsburg, opens this spring as the first two models are nearing completion. Liberty Ridge offers three acre lots and is located just ten minutes to Colonial Williamsburg.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.