Happy Colorado Day! What are you going to do?
Happy Birthday Colorado! August 1st is Colorado Day. the 135th anniversary of when Colorado was granted it's statehood by President Ulysses S Grant in 1876. What are you going to do to celebrate?
All Colorado State Parks are offering a free day. This is your chance to enjoy the 224,447 land and water acres, offering some of the best outdoor recreation destinations in the world.
If you are in the Denver area, try going to Roxbourough Park or hitting the water at Chatfield or Cherry Creek Resevoir on this hot day. Another way to beat the heat is to head to the hills. Maybe a river park like Yampa River State Park or the Arkansas Headwater Recreation Area.
So whether it's swimming, hiking or driving and viewing. Use the free admission for Colorado Day today as an excuse to enjoy everything Colorado has to enjoy.
Here are a few fun Real Estate related Colorado facts.
• Trail Ridge Road, the highest continuous U.S. highway, leaves Rocky Mountain
National Park on the east and soars to 12,183 feet as it crosses the Continental
Divide to the Western Slope.
• The highest paved road in North America is the road to Mt. Evans off of I-70 from
Idaho Springs. The road climbs up to 14,258 feet above sea level.
• Colfax Avenue in Denver is the longest continuous street in America.
• The thirteenth step of the state capital building in Denver is one mile above sea
• The Dwight Eisenhower Memorial Tunnel between Clear Creek & Summit counties
is the highest auto tunnel in the world. Bored at an elevation of 11,000 feet under
the Continental Divide, it is 8,960 feet long.
• Denver has the largest city park system in the nation with 205 parks in city limits
and 20,000 acres of parkland in the nearby mountains.
Have fun and Happy Colorado Day!