Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Myths and Truths About Home Staging by a Morris County, NJ Professional Home Stager
First, we stagers owe HGTV a debt of gratitude for getting the word out to the general public on the benefits of home staging!Most of us love watching their shows and they do offer some good tips and impress upon sellers the importance of preparing your home for the market.
That said, the reality is these staging shows can leave a seller thinking – wow, I can completely transform 4 rooms, including furniture, paint, carpet, lighting and window treatments for under $2000. into a buyer’s dream. This Morris County home stager from Elite Staging and Redesign explains why these entertaining and somewhat educational shows can be misleading to the average seller.
Below are is a list of reasons why you want to call a professional home stager instead of tackling this project all on your own:
1. First, home staging is not as easy as it looks; HGTV uses top professional home stagers with years of experience. Moreover, the final staging price is misleading. More on that later…
2. HGTV is somewhat unrealistic when it comes to staging your own home: Why? They bring in a team of professionals with an unlimited labor budget (often the most costly aspect of the job) and try to convince the average homeowner they can stage their home just by watching their shows or reading their articles. Not true - I can watch a plumber all day long and still not have a clue how install a new bathroom and tile work - it's not my area of expertise!
3. Their "simple, inexpensive fixes" are done by professional craftsman, lighting technicians, contractors, and landscapers and outside consultants. The average seller does not have these skill sets, thus making staging on your own unrealistic for the average homeowner.
4. Most, if not all of the products used when staging or redesigning a space are donated by companies for the free advertising, so it doesn't cost them a penny – but it will cost you! In addition, they send out a team of professionals to ferret out hidden treasures, find the perfect art, furniture, rugs and that one-of-a- kind chandelier at flea markets and auctions – do you have the time, knowledge and expertise to accomplish this on your own?
5. When staging a home, HGTV uses sewing professionals who whip up cheap, inexpensive curtains, throw pillows, window seat cushions with a bevy of fabrics to choose from on site. How many of us have sewing and design professionals at our disposal with fabric remnants on hand, let alone the resources to hire them.
6. When they unveil their staging transformations, they don't factor in the price of labor for contractors, painters, clean-up crew and paid staff to get the job done, thus their claim that they "staged" a home for under "$2000." isn't realistic…..at all!
7. HGTV Staging shows recommend adding box trim and crown molding - great in theory, but unless you're a professional craftsman, it will more than likely look unprofessional and detract from the home. In addition, this is a big investment and not realistic for the average homeowner when staging to sell.
8. Unless you own a florist, who can afford to keep up 20 vases of expensive, fresh flowers while their home sits on the market?! Again, looks great, but totally unrealistic. And while on this subject, 20 lit candles is not only a potential fire hazard, the cost of candles is not where you want to spend you staging dollars, I assure you!
9. They tell you to "create better flow using furniture placement." However, every home’s footprint is different so to apply this yourself can be a daunting and confusing task. This is where hiring a professional home stager is invaluable - they are trained on how to accomplish room flow, continuity and appeal to the masses using proper furniture placement to enhance your home, not your personal decorating style.
10. When staging yourhome hire a professional home stager who will work within your budget, give you a realistic idea of the most important spaces and projects to tackle that will transform your home for the biggest return on your investment. Watching a couple episodes of HGTV's "staging" shows (while in theory they do offer some useful tips and information), it isn't a realistic project to execute for the average seller!
This is a Morris County Stager’s take on HGTV's home staging shows - love them, but there really is more to it then what you see on a half-hour show home staging show.
You have 90 seconds to make a great first impression once your home goes on the market. Consult a Morris County professional home stager serving Union, Essex, Sussex Counties for that competitive edge so your home stands out from the competition, selling faster and for top dollar!
Elite Staging and Redesign offers home staging services to North Jersey homeowners, real estate agents, banks, builders, and investors in preparing homes to stand out in today’s real estate market. For a consultation on vacant staging, lived in homes or interior redesign projects call Elite Staging and Redesign.
We will use proven home staging techniques to create warm, inviting, updated spaces that will appeal to the masses. In today's competitive market, every home can use an edge. For a free home staging proposal, call us today at 201-602-2562.
Barbara Martino-Sliva, Realtor® at Dale Sorensen Real EstateInc., VERO BEACH FLORIDA is the author of this blog and several other sites on the Internet. She has also been a guest speaker on an on-line radio program dealing with Florida and Vero Beach Real Estate and a columnist for the digital magazine FLORIDAYLIFESTYLEONLINE. Barbara is your Real Estate Connection in the Vero Beach area, and is always available to help you with your Real Estate needs. If you have decided that quality of life in VERO BEACH is worth seeing, call her anytime at 772-321-4484 or to search for homes visit: www.VeroPremierProperties.com and her Vero Beach Blog: www.VeroBeachRealEstateVoice.com.
Over 90% of all homes are found online. I create a dominating online presence for my clients properties. My Real Estate blog is highly indexed in GOOGLE.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.