Dan Edward Phillips, Broker, Eureka CA suggests converting your wood burning fireplace to a gas insert fireplace. Here in New Mexico, especially in the rural areas, many people use wood burning types...I believe it would be a great idea to consider the conversion.
Via Dan Edward Phillips, Realtor and Broker/Owner (Dan Edward Phillips)
Before the winter arrives here in Humboldt County, California with it's wind and rain, consider getting rid of the woodpile (and the wood burning fireplace that burn's the wood).
Give some consideration to converting your wood burning fireplace to a gas insert.
There are several very good reasons.
1. The wood pile attracts termites and then you bring them into the house.
2. You have to buy the wood and the cost is increasing.
3. Or you have to go get the wood. Running and maintaining a chain saw is becoming more expensive (more so in California). You have the cost of fuel to go get the wood and vehicle maintenance and cleaning.
4. You have to go outside at sometime to get the wood, in the rain on some days.
5. Gas heat will lower the amount of 'dust' in the house. House cleaning becomes easier.
6.You will not have the fire hazard associated with a wood pile.
7. You will avoid the problems with getting a 'fire started'.
Give it some thought, there are some great deals this fall on fire place gas inserts.
C. Lloyd McKenzie, MBA
7001 Prospect Place NE Suite 200
Albuquerque NM 87110
YOUR HOME SOLD IN 59 DAYS, GUARANTEED! (Certain restrictions apply.)
Areas Served: Albuquerque Metro/ Algodones/ Bernalillo/ Cedar Crest/ Corrales/ Edgewood/ Los Lunas/ Los Ranchos de Albuquerque/ Placitas/ Rio Rancho/ Sandia Park/ Tijeras