Top 10 List Of Things Not To Say To Buyers | Homeowners Don't Say That!
You're excited and anxious to sell your house, but sometimes being around and answering buyer's questions can hurt your chance of getting the best price possible. Here are our Top 10 List of scenarios we have recently heard Sellers say to a buyer
1. We love living here, but the payments are too high for us to manage ~ Now the buyer knows there is financial pressure.
2. We have to get out of here, we can't stand the neighbors ~ Surely you don't think this is going to give the buyer a reason to buy your house now.
3. My husband is being transferred and we need the money from this house to buy our new one ~ Now the buyer knows there is time pressure.
4. We can't stand these winters anymore ~ So the buyer now knows you don't want to spend another cold winter in this house.
5. We lost our jobs ~ They now are aware of the financial reason again that you will take less.
6. Can't wait to sell because we're getting a divorce and want to get rid of this place ~ Urgency in taking a lower price.
7. Our house has been on the market for months and you're our first showing ~ Okay, buyers are now wondering what's wrong with this house.
8. We would like the price we are asking, but we will definitely take less ~ You just lowered the buyers offer.
9. I like living in this community, but I wish I didn't buy this end unit near the main road and parking lot ~ Yes, we really just heard this last weekend!
10. It's been on the market so long, I hope you buy it finally ~ We don't even have to comment for this one!
The best advise to put more money in your pocket as the Seller is to not be around when buyers visit. If the buyers agent or buyer asks any questions, refer them back to your listing agent for the answers.
If you want to make sure that you're in the strongest position to negotiate the highest price for your home, don't answer any questions without your Realtor ~
So, Mr. & Mrs. Seller, the next time there's a showing appointment, your absence would greatly be appreciated!
When you are looking to buy or sell on The North Shore of Long Island Real Estate, please contact Larry & Sheila, Realtors with Charles Rutenberg Realty at 631-805-4400.
All content, including text, photographs and images, is the exclusive property of Suffolk Experts, and may not be used without the expressed written permission of Larry & Sheila. All information is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed. Suffolk Experts and Larry & Sheila makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness, suitability or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from it’s display or use.
photo image courtesy of <p><a href="http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2125">Image: photostock / FreeDigitalPhotos.net</a></p>