Your commitment to your clients must be ongoing, consistent, uninterrupted, and over exceed all expectations. This statement reminds me of a quote I once read with the author as unknown.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle: when the sun comes up, you’d better be running."
If your competitors aren’t running and believe they can succeed in today’s real estate market without making service a priority by always providing each client with ongoing, consistent, uninterrupted, and over exceed all expectations, they will not last. If you believe the same, you will not last.
Exceeding expectation consist of more than new technology gadgets, texting, power presentations, YouTube, a WOW website, and blogging. Exceeding expectation also consist of
· Remaining one-on-one with the buyer and seller,
· Making your communication more meaningful and personal,
· Speaking with and not to your client,
· Holding their hands and guiding the client through the loan and home buying process,
· Making each feel like the only one and not leave them feeling like they are being juggled through the circus hoops with the circus clowns,
· Saying thank you for allowing “YOU” to help with their home buying need and name behave like it is their obligation.
· Being HUMAN with a caring heart.
So, it doesn’t matter if you are the Gazelle or the Lion as long as you know what you need to do to stay ahead of the competition. Then you will know if you will eat or be eaten.