Let Me Be Honest…..I am a Junkie, a Crossword Junkie.
I am a crossword junkie and believe it or not, it relaxes me. I have been doing the puzzles in the newspapers for 40 years but now I do not take the daily newspaper anymore as my husband got tired of picking them up of the driveway after piling up. Such a dilemma!
So the Internet “news” and TV networks is just fine for me and probably more updated that the newspaper but……..no crossword puzzles. I searched but did not like any puzzle sites I found including AARP. Then,
I found a great site called Boat Load of Puzzles. It is pretty fast, very much addictive and you can open it up daily and just do one or two and there you have your crossword fix. So I thought I would share this site with anyone interested. I also do Solitaire in my computer and Bing’s TextTwist but I just like simple crosswords the best.
Save the site on your computer and when you open it up every day, you will get a new puzzle.
As an option (also free) You can download the puzzles and get more options listed below.
· Print puzzles, if you prefer to solve them on paper.
· Three puzzle sizes: 40,000 Small (13x13) puzzles, 40,000 Medium (15x15) puzzles, and 20,000 Large (19x19) puzzles.
· Save a partially finished puzzle, and finish it later.
· Pause and hide a puzzle, so your score isn't penalized for taking a break.
· Optional large fonts for the visually impaired.
I did not go with the download option but I am very pleased with this site. Try it out.