A new down payment assistance program has been brought to Del Norte County. It is based on income and is meant for first time home buyers.
Some of the high points are:
- It is meant for lower income families.
- It is a loan that does not have to be repaid for 30 years or when you sell or refinance your home, whichever comes first.
- The maximum amount of the loan is $60,000 and can be used for down payment and/or closing costs.
- You will need to work with a preferred agent, which is someone who has been to an informational meeting and understands the requirements.
- You must be approved and on the list of persons eligible for this program before you make an offer on a home.
The meeting to announce this program and give agents, lenders and agencies the information to be able to assist their clients was on October 19, and only a handful of real estate agents were at the meeting. I am an approved agent for this program and would be happy to assist you.
If you have questions about this program or real estate in general for Del Norte County, please give me a call.
Why move to Del Norte County? No traffic, no smog, nice people, relaxing commute, fishing, surfing, hiking, bird watching, laying on the beach, kayaking, wind surfing, boating, hunting, yachting, rafting, no drought, fresh tuna, fresh salmon, Warrior's football, spectacular sunrise, mild climate...