Roof Repair Avon, CT
Your roof may leaking, or you identified a new damp water spot on your ceiling, it is time for roof repair in Avon. Maybe you know it is time to replace your current roof. Use these five tips to make sure you hire a excellent contractor at a good price.
1. Before The Roofing Contractor Starts Check The Insurance and License. Do some due diligence before hiring the contractor to do the roof repairs in Avon. Ask them to provide proof of liability insurance and workers compensation insurance. One must is the Department of Consumer Protection in Connecticut to verify the contractor's license. The state has an online license look up. Look online, do they have a web site, are they listed on Yelp, what are the reviews on Goggle Places? Give the contractor the minimum down payment they will accept.
2. Check To Make Sure It Was Fixed. The contractor may say they have the experience, or will warranty the work, but make sure it was fixed with a water hose. Water tests are important. The exact source of a water leak can be difficult to locate, so make sure the leak has been repaired with a water test.
3. Listen To Your Gut When Hiring Avon Roof Repair Contractor. If the offer seems to good to be true it often is. What are some red flag signs? A low ball quote. Are they telling you "to give you this price we have to do the work today" (unless it is an emergency repair). Asking for cash for payment, or not putting it in writing. Trust your instinct. Is one of the contractors just rubbing you the wrong way? Online reviews can be a good way to judge your neighbors experiences with the roofing contractor.
4. Purchase The Best Quality Materials You Can Afford. Roofing shingles are rated for a number of years. Higher quality can be found with a longer number of years. A 30 year shingle is not twice as expensive as a 15 year shingle, but should have twice the life making it a better purchase. Your roof will look better and last longer with the longer rated materials. You may even find some contractors unwilling to work with the lowest grade products, after all the finished roof is a long term advertisement for their company.
5. A cheap tarp that is to small which you bought at a big box home improvement chain is not what you want to use for an emergency repair. A good contractor might not be available to do your roof right away. Go for the heavy-duty ones or you may find yourself doing this emergency roof repair twice.
You can effortlessly find Avon roof repair contractors through MaintenanceMan. MaintenanceMan pre-screens would-be roof repair contractors and helps you to make sure you get a excellent price from a dependable contractor to accomplish your project.