For this dining room the “staging” was actually done prior to my initial home staging consultation. But that was part of the problem.
In a well-intentioned effort to stage their own home without the assistance of a professional home stager, the sellers of this Frisco, TX home unfortunately went over board and the room was too decluttered in the initial go-round for sale. Under the helm of their new Realtor Home Star Staging was called in to consult with and help them revive the then off- the-market listing.
This home had lingered on the market for the better half of almost a year too, and it should not have!
The room had good bones, a nice neutral color and furniture. What it lacked was warmth, depth and even the desire to linger; key ingredients to a home buyer’s decision making process. It was just blah and had no character. It needed a serious injection of charm and personality.
Here’s how the dining room presented on my first visit:
Although just “blah” may seem like a simple fix (and it truly is with the help of a professional at times) because it didn’t show well the first time out, the house had lingered over 200 days on the market and that time meant money! And truly, there was no reason it should.
This is the newly transformed dining room staged for sale. Accessory prop package and staging services provided by Home Star Staging.
With some key pieces of home decor, artwork, lamps, chair rearrangement and a “suite buffet” being brought in (this is actually a dresser from a back bedroom in the seller’s house that worked perfectly for a buffet in this space), the room finally felt right and it made a warm, welcoming impression when it went back on the market newly transformed.
This space went from “leave me alone” to “welcome to our home”!
The results speak for themselves in the successful & quick sale! Here's what their Realtor wrote:
"We all appreciate the great work you did. The home sold in 28 days at 97% of asking price." - B. Hafer, Dave Perry Miller & Associates
Home Star Staging is a qualified, insured home staging company and we are always here for you North Texas!
- Affordable pre-list home staging property consultations
- Affordable post list "trouble shooting" property consultations - no matter how long a home has been on the market there are always ways to improve the chance of sale
- Owner occupied property staging (utilizing owner supplied furniture & accessories or including some of our own inventory)
- Vacant & investment property staging (Full and partial rental furniture packages, accessories and staging services)
- Is your office interested in hosting a home staging class or presentation? Just ask! Contact Karen at 496-964-0516 or Karen@homestarstaging.com
- Interested in learning how to start a successful home staging business in TX, OK or NW LA? I can help! I'm a course trainer for the Staging and Redesign team!