There is no shortage of real estate agents in California. It seems everyone has their license, used to have a license or is thinking about getting their license. Agents mail to neighborhoods, advertise in local media and online in an effort to capture a slice of the real estate pie. It's a competitive business and consumers have many choices when it comes to selling or buying a home. How can you make certain you are making the right choice?
1) Ask a trusted friend for a recommendation, but make sure the friend lives in your neighborhood. Her cousin from a neighboring city would not serve your best interest.
2) Vet online. Search for agents in your hyper local neighborhood. Undoubtedly a few names will pop up. There will be reviews to read, agent profiles to study, web sites to tour, blogs to acquaint you with the values and style of the agent and a wealth of real estate market reports and statistics for your perusal.
3) Narrow the search. By now you should have a short list of local experts in your neighborhood. Dig a little deeper by "googling" their names. In today's real estate scene an agent must be Internet savvy as most buyers begin their search for a home online. As a seller you want these buyers to find your house. Time is limited and gas is too expensive to drive aimlessly through neighborhoods looking for yard signs and open houses. Newspaper subscriptions are falling and a photo of your house in the weekend home edition does not attract as many "buyer eyes" as in the past. More than likely the buyer of your home will find it online. Be there.
4) Interview the chosen few. You can't talk to every agent, but your online interviewing will leave you with a few agents worthy of spending some face time with. At this point it is finding an agent you can work with to accomplish your real estate goal of selling your house. It is a team effort-- communication and trust are necessary for the relationship to work.
5) Choose someone you connect with and will feel comfortable picking up the phone and calling with a concern or innovative idea. You will need to make a daily effort to keep your home in show condition and your agent should make a daily effort to generate showings. Few buyers purchase a home without seeing it. The marketing goal is capture eyes online first as that will generate real time showings, offers and a successful ending to your home selling experience.
Selling a property begins with finding the right Rancho Palos Verdes listing agent. It is a journey from listing to closing and your agent will accompany you along the way. A good working relationship is imperative to achieve a successful sale.