Dear Halifax For Sale By Owner,
Shrewd marketing companies are targeting you on the net, radio and television promoting that you can sell yourself and save the commission. I'm here to explain to you how this is a not the case.
Do you honestly believe the buyer is not going to negotiate the real estate commission off your price and then some. Unless you offer your property below fair market value what buyer is going to call, email or knock on your door and say "I'll give you asking price?"
Think back to when you purchased your property...most likely you purchased it with a real estate professional helping you identity the right home for you. Touring various homes and pointing out positive and negative features of the home. They probably also did a comparison market analysis on the top 3 properties, scheduled a second showing of those properties wrote a offer with various contingencies to protect your interest.
You might be thinking while you read this that you can offer compensation to a agent that calls, visits or emails to list your home, they'll put you on their radar when they are out with a buyer. The truth is the chances of that happening are slim to none. Listing agents have a fiduciary duty to their sellers to obtain top dollar and best terms for their client. Why would they promote your property just because you're offering them a discounted commission? Professionals don't have the time when working with a buyer to run to you negotiate in writing the commission before showing or previewing properties that are currently listed with another real estate professional. It's unrealistic to even consider this.
Or you might think if you list with a discount brokerage offering to put your home on MLS for a flat fee it will attract agents and you've beat the system. Na...we know when a property is overpriced by even $1.00 and we will inform our client "The Buyer" of this and IF we do show your property the buyer is aware of this.
Industry professionals do a lot more than run back to the office and enter your property on MLS and host Open Houses for their sellers they are under contract with. Services vary from person to person...company to company. So it is always highly recommended you interview at least 3 agents and ask what they do to get homes sold. What is the average time on market for their listings and if they are full time agents.
So before you spend upfront money to market your home that MIGHT sell consider the concerns listed below.
- Does your schedule allow for you to show the property during the day and evening with as little as a hours notice?
- Do you feel comfortable investigating the buyers qualifications to purchase the home?
- Are you aware of all the financing options available?
- Do you like to have strangers view your home you've never meet and may not be there to buy it?
- Can you separate yourself from the emotional bond you have with your home when a buyer criticizes it?
- Do you feel comfortable letting a buyer off the street roam freely around your home without you or will you follow them and not allow them to analyze the house without you?
- Do you like to pay out of pocket upfront and then months of mortgage payments while your try to sell yourself? That's going to eat into your profit.
It may seem easy to sell in Halifax For Sale By Owner...but in most cases if it sells too fast you've left money on the table that could have been in your pocket or if it doesn't sell you've wasted time and money trying to attract the buyer is NOT aware of fair market value of homes like yours.
The choice is your's.
For more information or a Free Comparative Market Analysis to to find out how I List and Sell homes contact me today. Thanks for reading.
ABR,CBR,GRI, WRELDA, REALTOR